cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple R/3 linked to single CRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

CRM provides functionality to link to multiple R/3 through middleware. Consider we have two stand alone R/3 systems (R/3-1 & R/3-2). A master data (Customer or Product) exists in both R/3-1 and R/3-2 with the same number.

E.g. Customer 20000 in both R/3

Now I first replicate R/3-1 BP to CRM creting BP 20000 in CRM.

When I replicate R/3-2 to CRM what will happen?

Later on if proper middleware settings are made when I change the BP 20000 in CRM what would get replicated back to R/3 and more impertantly which R/3, R/3-1 or R/3-2?

Suppose I want to maintain a 3 system landscape (CRM, R/3-1 & R/3-2), what needs to be done to enable the functionality (BP in CRM in sync with customers in both the R/3s, ie I make a change in BP in CRM and it will get replicated in both the R/3s)?

Regards,

Deba.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay,

Could you throw some light on how the middleware will be configured? Connecting one R/3 to CRM is easy and the customizing objects downloads from R/3 to CRM are done. Now how to download Cutomizing objects of R/3-2 to CRM? I am unable to do a customizing object download from R/3-2 to CRM.

Regards,

Debadarsan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debadarsan,

All the steps you executed for R/3-1 needs to be repeated in R/3-2 as well (RFC destinations, CRMRFCPAR, CRMCONSUM, Logical Systems etc). You need to create a new R/3 type site for R/3-2 in Admin Console (SMOEAC) in CRM. And in the Initial Load (R3AS) you will select source as R/3-2. Hoe this helps.

Thanks.

Ajay Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debadarsan,

Please consider maintaining different number ranges in CRM and R/3 Systems so that there would not be any number conflict. And have filter settings in CRM to restrict the flow of changed customers to 2 R/3 systems based on number ranges.

Thanks.

Ajay Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

I refered to the SAP note. I also reffered to SAP notes: 640570, 899930, 853430, 909930.

I didn't find much. I am not looking for Groupware integration. Plainly speaking I have 2 R/3 connected to one CRM (SAP Note: 853430 talks about multiple CRM to one R/3).

Regards,

Deba.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deba,

Here is a direct link to 1 of the presentation available in the link prvided by Pradeep (service.sap.comcrm-mep) :

https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000579336&_SCENARIO=011000358700000001....

In this, you will have all the key figures to understand the use of the mapbow and how to connect multiple backend to CRM.

Hope this will help you,

Regards,

Frédéric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

I am looking for Multiple Back End (two R/3 systems connected to one CRM system). The link you send me didn't have much information. Do you have any other documentation?

Regards,

Deba.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer to the SAP Note 853430 which gives you the exact info on MBE.

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deba,

From the description it looks like you want to use the Multiple Backend Exchange feature of SAP. Please refer to http://service.sap.com/crm-mep

Regards,

Pradeep

MapBox Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

take a look at the MapBox installation guide at http://service.sap.com/instguides under mySAP CRM.

Michael.