Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login failed error while importing an adaptive RFC model

lajitha_menon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am trying to import a adaptive RFC model for a BAPI from a 46D system, to which I have connected using VPN from my WAS J2EE server. I have given the login details as Single server(Not load balancing), and given the user login details. However, I am not able to proceed further because it gives me the error 'Name or password is incorrect, please re-enter'. This is strange because I am giving the correct name and password, and I am able to login to this system through SAP GUI using same logon credentials.

I am confused as to what it is expecting to move forward. I have tried changing case of the user name, restarting my WAS etc. The client is correct, and the login language is EN.

Could anybody have any clues or have you faced a similar problem?

thanks in advance,

LM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have just written a small program in JCo. Even JCo would not let me connect. But via another R/3 system and SM59 it works. Strange!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sigi,

Did you try that OSS notes?. Let me know what happened.

Also have a look at these OSS notes: 516636, 458082, 543870.

I hope you will get the solution from the 516636 note.

Thanks,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I got it!

The password has to be in uppercase for systems that are on 4.6 or older.

Phew....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have had the same problem.

I think whoever programmed the logon routine at that point should be fired immediately and banned from programming for life! Logging on is a very basic and well-understood task, and programmed gozillions of times since 1940s. Common sense and unwritten rules of programming dictate simply if you make something case-sensitive, then you should accept an input in its original form (i.e. password in smalls, or whatever) but not change it to uppercase and then work case-sensitively. Either this, or you program everything case-insensitively.

Fire that programmer or give him to us gollumvoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still having the problem.

What I did so far:

- upgraded librfc32 to the newest version

- checked all profile parameters (SNC, RFC).

Sadly still no results. Just to let you know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please look at this OSS note 677732 whether it is relevant for you or not?.

The user who logs on to the R/3 System(4.6C) needs special authorization to do this.

Thanks,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have assembled a simple JCO script that would just do a JCO.Connect() statement. It even fails there. I doubt that it is authorization-related because the user I am connecting with has SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW. But the note is good to know.

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be you dont have authorization to import the RFC. So try to check whether your user id has the correct RFC authirization objects (3).

/Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having a similar problem.

Although I can telnet the ports, it will not let me connect? Is your Dev Studio also on Nw40s SP6 or is yours a different version?

Rgs,

Sigi