cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work process in Priv and on hold mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our prd system all the work process went to the PRIV mode, even though we have increased the parameters 4 months back, is there any note where i can check the paremeters that are related to the issue where the workprocess getting into PRIV mode and ONHOLD mode.

For the immediate action we have asked the users to logg off and login again.

How could we resolve this PRIV mode issue. We are also found there is load balancing problem , because we have three apps server , but only one apps server is getting used , that means it is not load balancing, when i check SMLG everthing shows green, but is there any way to find out if there is any issue as i couldn't find any log for the load balancing.

Thnaks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check tese parametes

ztta/roll_first

ztta/roll_extension

abap/heap_area_dia

I think after setting the value of these parameters ur problem will be solved.

Thanks

presu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I face same problem check these parameters

rdisp/wp_no_dia

rdisp/wp_no_btc

Check value of these two and chane valuw according to ur requirment. i hope ur problem will be solved after set right value of these parameters.

Thanks

presu

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I face same problem check these parameters

>

> rdisp/wp_no_dia

> rdisp/wp_no_btc

the number of processes is not relevant in this case. It's the memory that is completely used.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Priv mode is due to use of Private Heap memory which is used when your All memory is full used and there is no more shared memory.

Please can u check the ST02 for memory utilization and monitor the system, special check for the Swaps and the Roll in and roll wait memory.

Please refer the following links so that you can get a clear picture.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/d1/80b71cdc8111d2ac8f0000e83539c3/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/34/d9c8b9c23c11d188b40000e83539c3/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/02/9625e3538111d1891b0000e8322f96/content.htm

hope it will help you out in resolving your issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Balaji.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See Note 51789 - Poor user distribution in logon distribution

However it release in 2004 .i have implemented in ECC6 and probelm solved

SurendraJain

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The reason for a PRIV mode is, that the shared extended memory is exhausted and the process is allocating private heap memory. That memory is not released as long as the user keeps the transaction open.

In most cases this happens, when users are selecting a huge amount of data and keeping the mode open.

The situation is getting worse if more users do that since the extended memory is then exhausted already and the workprocesses go in PRIV immediately.

What do you see under "extended memory" in transaction ST02?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have asked all the users to log off and log again , then it was showing as below in ST02

Roll area 55.92

Page area 18.71

Extended memory 66.36

We are also found there is load balancing problem , because we have three apps server , but only one apps server is getting used , that means it is not load balancing, when i check SMLG everthing shows green, but is there any way to find out if there is any issue as i couldn't find any log for the load balancing.

Is there is any other way to resolve priv mode issue in the future.

thanks

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Extended memory 66.36

So that means that 66 % of your extended memory is used. Without knowing how big it's configured it's impossible to suggest something.

> We are also found there is load balancing problem , because we have three apps server , but only one apps server is getting used , that means it is not load balancing, when i check SMLG everthing shows green, but is there any way to find out if there is any issue as i couldn't find any log for the load balancing.

Are all the application servers in the same group? Just having them "green" in SMLG is not enough...

> Is there is any other way to resolve priv mode issue in the future.

I don't know (yet) enough about your system to give a statement.

Markus