cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform error when editing text element...

Former Member
0 Kudos

We receive an error when we edit a smartform text element. The error says "Compile error in hidden module: eventhandlerClass" in windows pop-up box. We click okay and then the text element seems to be displayed for use. We get this everytime we edit anything, more or less. It's the same for ALL editable smartforms. I think the problem is in relation to Word (or a cut down version) being used as the editor, I think.

I've just updated my Gui to the latest available but the problem persists. I can use Word okay outside of SAP without this error.

We're using ECC5 at present.

Has anyone seen this kind of error before?.

Regards

Gary

Edited by: Gary King on Jul 2, 2009 3:03 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can be the possiblity of existing older version still in the system and is defaulted.

Please verify.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As a workaround please try to enter the contents of a text element in the script editor and check.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you misunderstood. The editor works fine and is by the far the easiest and best way of editing, it's just that annoying message that appears that I would like to get to the bottom of. Checked OSS notes but there seems to be nothing mentioned. I guess I need to do some experimentation and see if this message appears anywhere else within SAP where the Word editor is used.

regards

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure whether the following solve your problem , but its worth giving a try.

Open Tcode I18n

In that open Tree Node I18n Customizing - >MS Word as Editor and check under Use MS Word as Editor.

Ensure that Smartforms options is selected, if not select it and Activate.

Check that and revert back.

Regards

Karthik D

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked this and it was enabled for Smartforms. Every PC in the office that I have tried is having this problem so I can only assume that it's a Word issue, especially as I've upgraded mySAP Gui. I'm about to go off to a remote site where the installed SAP and Word is different (version wise) so will also check if this problem exists there.

The reason that it's only just happened is that until now this company has only ever used Sapscript.

Regards

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

well i dont have much expieriences with the "word in place" - editor. Since at least in sap-script it destroys you form i DO NOT USE IT when dealing with forms, not in smartforms and not in sap-script.

When reading your error message which i´ve never come across, i´m quite happy that i never tried smartforms with the "word in place" - editor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, you can't fauly Word as an editor, so why not use it when editing within SAP, that's what I say.

I know it is Word because when the editor kicks in that annoying little cartoon paperclick appears on my screen (top right) in case you need guidance/help.

As for Smartforms, once you've used it you'll wonder why you used Sapscript for so long, I did, many years back.

Regards

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

you mean the problem with the paragraph format "=" and the word editor is solved?

He always tossed my whole form when using it and having some lines with paragraph format =.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone seen this error before?.