Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Deleting Workbooks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The user should be able to create,change,display the workbooks in Bex Analyzer. He should not be able to delete it.

For this, in authorization object S_USER_AGR, for activity field i have given only create,change,display values. But the user is still able to delete the workbooks.

Anyone please explain me why this is happening?

Regards,

Jaya.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

Just check the particular user is not having more then one role and the Auth. Object S_USER_AGR is coming from

or there might be multiple entry for the Auth. Object S_USER_AGR and some where the object is having delete access also.

If that is the case remove the delete activity level.

Hope this will help.

Lokendra

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

Just check the particular user is not having more then one role and the Auth. Object S_USER_AGR is coming from

or there might be multiple entry for the Auth. Object S_USER_AGR and some where the object is having delete access also.

If that is the case remove the delete activity level.

Hope this will help.

Lokendra

0 Kudos

Hi Lokendra,

2 roles are assigned to that particular user. In one role only display access is there for S_USER_AGR and in the other Create,change and display access is given.

Regards,

Jaya

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you failed to find any role which has 06 activity for deletion then run a trace while the deletion is taking place and mark the authorization object s_user_agr or s_user* etc responsible for deletion and remove the role. Please check and let us know if any issue.

Regards

Aveek.

0 Kudos

I have checked the trace. The activity change is providing access to delete also.For the same error i have found SAP Note:651240 but that is applicable to BW 3.0 only. I want the same thing in BI 7.0.Couldn't find any notes for SAP BI 7.0.

Regards,

Jaya.

0 Kudos

I think actvt '06' is for deleting the role itself, which is different.

Which authorizations does the user have for S_USER_OBJ and possibly even S_USER_TCD? Anything else checked in the trace?

Cheers,

Julius