cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to email purchase order at the time of release

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i am able to email the purchase order when it is getting saved, ( following the procedure in sap note 191470 ), but the requirement is it has to be mailed at the time of final release. plz suggest me a solution.

thanks and regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jagdish,

we have MM r/3 here, now kindly suggest me the solution, its really urgent, i have trieed a lot of things but nothing has worked out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santosh

Can you elaborate your question by reproducing your case from the initial step.

What environments you have and what scenario(classic or extended classic).

Regards

Jagdish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jagdish, i got a requirement saying that the purchase order has to be mailed to the vendor,

i started with nace transaction, and created an output type, for mailing purpose, i assigned medium as external send and the partner function as 'vn'(vendor), then i went to its processing routines and assigned the program name as '/SMB40/FM06P'and form routine as 'ENTRY_NEU', and in the smartform column i gave the name of the smartform that was prepared for this, i saved this output type.

then in the transaction me22n i entered all the details for creating a purchase order, before saving the purchase order i cliked on the messages pushbutton and entered the output type that i just created for mailing, and the partner function as 'vn', then under the partner column i entered the vendor number. by cliking the 'communication method' pushbutton i entered the communication strategy as 'cs01' and in further data i entered the dispatch time as send immediately (here i din't find an option saying send at release ) if this provision can be done here plz tell me how to do, i feel that if the 'send at release' option is present here then the reqiuirement can be satisfied, if this can be the solution plz tell me what are all the things that i have to do to make this possible, after doing this much when i saved the purchase order an entry is recieved in sost transaction for purchase order, when i executed this i recieved a mail in my gmail account with purchase order as ba pdf attachment.

so now u would have got a clear picture, of what i have did till now, and further what is needed , i.e. now the requirement is this email has to be sent at the time of release (final release).

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

You should post your question in the ERP forum

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

As I already asked: have you posted this question in ERP forum ?

I think that PO output is done at save time because you asked for it in ME22N.

You could block this assigning a specific edition routine to your message type. In this form, you could control the release status.

Have you tried not to enter manually the output type ?

I mean did you try the standard message determination technic. So, based on defined conditions (access sequence), the system will create a message for your PO or not.

I think/hope that in that case, the release status should be taken into account.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

plz suggest some solution as soon as possible,

its really urgent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh

In SRM there is no release procedure as you find in R/3 MM. Instead SRM is having workflow for PO through which you can build the same logic as release procedure does in R/3 MM. For this you need to activate the PO workflow in SRM which will trigger when you create PO.

So when you click create PO button in SRM(assuming you are in classic scenario), PO workflow would get triggered. After it is approved(through workflow) PO gets created or released in R/3 MM.

Hope the above solution would be helpful.

Regards

Jagdish

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes christophe, i have tested it i am getting po as a pdf attachment as soon as the it is getting created(i.e. when i press the save button).

but how should i restrict it till the purchase order gets released.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

This is already working like this in SRM.

The output is executed at the time the PO is ordered (after final approval step).

I would be really surprised if MM was sending the PO before its release !!!!!

It should be standard.

Have you tested it ?

Have you posted the same question in ERP forum ?

Rgds

Christophe