cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime Errors STORAGE_PARAMETERS_WRONG_SET

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please lemme know the Recommended values of the parameters for this runtime error. Frequently I am getting this error.

I changed the parameters but still its asking for more.

Details of our system:

IDES ECC 6.0 SR2

SQL Server 2005 with SP3

Window 2003 Sp2

Physical Ram: 5 GB

Accessing Virtually

Details of Error

******************************************************************************************************

Runtime Errors STORAGE_PARAMETERS_WRONG_SET

Date and Time 02.07.2009 17:02:08

Short text

The system is configured incorrectly.

What happened?

The current program had to be terminated because of an error when installing the R/3 System. The program had already requested 375497424 bytes from the operating system with 'malloc' when the operating system reported after a further memory request that there was no more memory space available.

What can you do?

Note which actions and input led to the error.

For further help in handling the problem, contact your SAP administrator.

You can use the ABAP dump analysis transaction ST22 to view and manage termination messages, in particular for long term reference.

In the system profile, set the parameters

-abap/heap_area_dia and

-abap/heap_area_nondia

to a maximum of 375497424. To be on the safe side, reduce the value by 10,000,000.

Then restart the SAP system.

********************************************************************************************************************

Please lemme know the solutions.

Thanks

Rhishabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Please lemme know the Recommended values of the parameters for this runtime error. Frequently I am getting this error.

This is a very common problem on 32bit systems.

No matter how much physical memory you have, the per-process limit is 2 GB. If you e. g. select a huge amount of data all buffers and the data in the process may reach the 32bit limit.

Therefore it's no more recommended to install 32bit systems. It can be VERY cumbersome to tune such systems and keep them running.

You need to understand how the memory is used to tune and configure it, therefor I recommend reading the following notes:

Note 546361 - FAQ: Storage problems on NT/Windows 2000

Note 552209 - Maximum memory utilization for processes on NT/Win2000

Note 110172 - Windows: Transactions with large memory requirements

Markus

Answers (0)