Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI.7 Analysis authorization help

Former Member
0 Kudos

BI functional people upload ODS table with mapping costercenters to USERS. Security people, generate the ODS table then automatcialy Analsysis authroization will be created and assgined to users. Here the mapping between coster center and user will be changes time to time.

I want to know is there any way mass deleation of these Analysis authorization from the users.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You might not want to delete all the analysis authorization since it will give all the user errors and they can not be able to see reports. Check with you BI team what infoobjects are auth relevant and which analysis authorization used what infoobject.

Also check in your role if the analysis authorization has been assign through the role or may be it has been assigned directly to users. In your role if you find this auth objects (S_RS_AUTH) and the name of analysis auth in the field then it has been assigned through role.

I want to know is there any way mass deletion of these Analysis authorizations from the users.

You can delete analysis authorization through RESECADMIN, if you donu2019t have so many, but if you have more then 50 or 100 then you might need to run cat script or LWMW to delete them, again before you delete all the analysis auth check with you BI team and discuss with your project manager because it will impact all your users whoever had this analysis auth assigned to it.

Good Luck

Regards,

Faisal

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You might not want to delete all the analysis authorization since it will give all the user errors and they can not be able to see reports. Check with you BI team what infoobjects are auth relevant and which analysis authorization used what infoobject.

Also check in your role if the analysis authorization has been assign through the role or may be it has been assigned directly to users. In your role if you find this auth objects (S_RS_AUTH) and the name of analysis auth in the field then it has been assigned through role.

I want to know is there any way mass deletion of these Analysis authorizations from the users.

You can delete analysis authorization through RESECADMIN, if you donu2019t have so many, but if you have more then 50 or 100 then you might need to run cat script or LWMW to delete them, again before you delete all the analysis auth check with you BI team and discuss with your project manager because it will impact all your users whoever had this analysis auth assigned to it.

Good Luck

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Faisal

These Analysis authorization did not inclueded in to role under A.O S_RS_AUTH and i don't want delete these Analysis authorization and only want to remove from the users and as you mentioned that it is possiable using ecat and LSMW. is it possiable to can provide the starting guide on this as well as please me know any table details where we can see all these Analysis authorization assignment to users.

Let me usefull tabel on BI for security adminstration.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

At the time of generation the old analysis authorizations are removed from the users contained in the DSO. This, of course, is a problem when there are users that are no longer contained in the DSO, since they will not have their analysis authorizations removed.

If you (or the BI functional team) add a record to the DSO where user name equals D_E_L_E_T_E analysis authorizations for all users generated using this DSO will be deleted. If the DSO contains records of additional users, analysis authorizations will subsequently be generated and assigned to these users.

I don't think there is any other way to delete generated analysis authorizations from users.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/59/fd8b41b5b3b45fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm