cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP with shelf life

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having a issue with PPDS heuristic MRP with shelf life. I have 2 products (X and Y) at the same location setup exactly the same way on the same resource.

Both of them have the exact same master data but the system is planning Xl but not planning Y. I ran MRP with standard lot sizes instead of MRP with shelf life for Y and it created orders.

I am wondering what is making the system not create orders when using MRP with shelf life.

I checked the master data for shelf life. The min and max shelf life are populated and the indicator " planning with shelf life" is checked.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

1) As you are pointing out correctly, when one product X creates with shelf life heuristics, the other one Y also should create the orders. I am sure there is some missing master data in product Y. Check the delta master data.

2) Carry out consistency check (ccr) for both X & Y and check is there any hidden receipt & requirement element exists which is avoiding the order creation.

3) Check PPM is available for Y.

4) Check consistency check in PPM for Y and check any errors

5) Check the application logs of production planning run for any information/error/warning messages

6) Check any alerts got triggered.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Answers (0)