cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/SAPAPO/OM_ORDKEY_ORDMAP_CHECK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am watching the two Live Cache table /SAPAPO/ORDKEY and /SAPAPO/ORDMAP grow steadily. SAP recommends to execute from time-to-time the report /SAPAPO/OM_ORDKEY_ORDMAP_CHECK to resolve any inconsistencies between the tables and downsize the content.

However, when I execute the report I get a long list of entries of inhouse-production order type with the message "ORDER in ORDKEY, but not in ORDMAP". There is the possibility to delete those requests. Currently we do not transfer planned orders from APO to R/3.

My issue is that I am not aware of the impact this has to the production data if I delete the records.

Could anyone give advice?

Thanks in advance

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ORDMAP table is to map Order data transferred to R/3. There are similar tables LOCMAP, MATMAP for master data in APO.

I guess because you do not integrate Planned Order to R/3, you will not have entries in ORDMAP table for Planned orders which anyway will have GUID ORDID in the ORDKEY table.

Moreover the SAP report is suggesting deletion of entries.

Try in non-Production deletion of the entries. Then test out for the planned order if you can convert to production order (which I am sure you transfer to R/3), carry out scheduling in APO Planning Board, do execution in R/3 and finally Goods Receipt the output of the order. If all these statuses are transferred to APO correctly then functionally you are fine to delete the entries.

My guess is as soon as the Planned Order is converted to Production Order the ORDID changes as now technically its a different order (Planned Order is copied to Production Order) for which ORDKEY and ORDMAP table gets populated.

Keep posted your findings as this is interesting and bordering gray area of the solution.

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Somnath,

Thanks for the answer.

In fact, we were using APO for pure planning purposes until now. Planned orders were created to provide supply for the ATP Check. In addition, we use CTP to create planned orders. The current process - and this will change the next months - is that we do not transfer planned orders but create the process orders manually in R/3. I know that this is not following the SAP standard approach, but we are already in the phase of implementing the full integration now with transferring the planned orders to R/3, doing the conversion to process orders there.

My issue is that I do not know how to control the continuous grow of the ORDMAP and ORDKEY table as the provided report /SAPAPO/OM_ORDKEY_ORDMAP_CHECK seems not to help.

best regards

Christian

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I guess the best option is to raise a SAP Message as the solution design you are following is non-standard and frankly only SAP can suggest how best to manage the ORDMAP and ORDKEY tables. Do share your findings in this thread as it would be good learning for all of us.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Somnath,

I followed your advice and opened an OSS.

Best regards

Christian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Check the following SAP OSS Notes and implement if applicable.

1) 735903

2) 537637

Please confirm.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Senthil,

thanks for the note hints. We are already on SCM 5.1, so the bugs mentioned in the notes should be covered.

best regards

Christian Schoene