cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete uploaded/posted Invoices in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I just want to ask if it is possible to delete posted invoices in SAP. These invoices are Accounts Payable transations that has been cancelled out but already posted in SAP. If it is possible, how can i delete or clear that invoice? Please give me some advise.

Thank you and regards,

April

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/a8/b998c4452b11d189430000e829fbbd/content.htm

Reversals

Use

Invoice documents in Invoice Verification are either invoices or credit memos. These documents can be cancelled. There are two different cases:

If an invoice is cancelled, the system automatically creates a credit memo.

If a credit memo is cancelled, the system automatically creates an invoice.

The system takes the amount and quantity for the credit memo or invoice from the invoice or credit memo to be cancelled, thus avoiding any differences between the invoice and the credit memo or the credit memo and the invoice.

Prerequisites

An invoice document can only be cancelled if:

it was posted in Logistics Invoice Verification

It has not already been cancelled

It is not a cancellation document for another document

When you cancel documents in Logistics Invoice Verification, the document line items are not automatically cleared in Financial Accounting. We recommend that you periodically clear such items (using daily background jobs, for example).

Procedure

To cancel an invoice document, proceed as follows:

Choose Logistics Invoice Verification ® Further Processing ® Cancel Invoice Document.

The initial screen for reversal appears.

In the fields Invoice doc. number and Fiscal year, enter the data for the invoice document you want to cancel.

In the Reversal reason field, select the reason for cancelling the invoice. This allows you to differentiate between different types of cancellations.

You can display the document to check. Choose Display document to do this. You can look at the items of the document to be cancelled. Return to the initial screen by choosing Back.

Choose Invoice document ® Post reversal doc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tracey & Hello Nitin!

Thanks for the suggestions..

Anyway, we don't use the Logistics Invoice Verification. The transaction doesn't exist in our SAP system. Does it mean we just have to enter a credit/debit memo to clear the invoices just what Tracey suggest?

Our case is this, Accounting section posted the invoice (accounts payable to one of our supplier) last january. The person in-charge for posting the document was not properly informed that the invoice have been changed and paid already using that new invoice. So the old invoice still exist in the payables. Please advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi April,

If you are not using LIV, then just as Tracy said, you cannot delete an invoice that has been posted. You will need to enter a credit note/memo against the vendor for the value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again Nitin

Thank you so much..

I really appreciate your quick response.

I'll just advise our accounting section to enter a credit/debit note for that vendor.

Again, thank you.

To Tracey, Thank you so much..

Regards to both of you..

Accept my humble reward for your help

Sincerely,

April

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi April.

You cannot delete an invoice that has been posted. You will need to enter a credit note/memo against the vendor for the value.