Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap pi 7.1 ehp1

Former Member
0 Kudos

for fresh installation of latest release of PI 7.1 ehp1,

is it possible to install PI 7.1 ehp1 directly, or

do we need to install PI 7.1 first, and then we need to upgrade to ehp1 separately.

thanks,

ganesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can directly go to sap netweaver PI 7.1 EP1 without going through the trouble of first installing sap netweaver pi 7.1 and then upgrading to ep1.

regards

joel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joel!

Interesting. And how does that work? I mean where can I get the installation meterial? At least in SMP I can only find installation material for NW PI 7.1 and not for NW PI 7.1 EhP 1. Such material I can only find for NW CE 7.1 ...

Or can I incorporate EhP1 as well as the required SPs automatically in the installation process? If so this feature would be new (at least to me) ...

Please take in mind: The colleague is not talking about an Upgrade, where such things work. He is talking about a fresh installation.

Regards,

Volker

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

read the blog which i gave....EHP1 is still under ramp-up and not available...only those who register will get a chance to be the first-few to use EHp1.......and then when it is officially shipped you can start using:)

Regards,

Abhishek.

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope i have answered your question . Thanks for asking as that gave me a reason to do a cross check as i have humble beginnings but the blog author is with sap .

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks,

>the blog /people/sindhu.gangadharan/blog/2009/03/26/sap-enhancement-package-1-for-sap-netweaver-pi-71-now-in-ramp-up says:

>>All possible installation options (new installation, update from SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1 and upgrade from earlier releases of PI) are supported, giving you the opportunity to choose the best way to EHP 1 for SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1 for your needs.

may be we can try, for direct fresh installation of pi 7.1 ehp1.

and yes,

the media is not available by default at the moment, but it can be requested from SAP, to have the media availabe in your list on smp.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miles!

If you have the chance to install PI71 EhP1 directly you should do that, because as far as I know it comes with several enhanced features. Are you Ramp-Up customer? EhP1 Ramp Up is planned to be finished by the end of August.

Look here for more details https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000716397&;

@Joel:

Thanx for clarifications.

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramp is finished. You can get PI 7.1 Ehp1 now. It is available in SAP Service Market Place.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP NW PI 7.1 EHP1 is available and its advisable to install this version.

Rgds,

Mat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

As far as I know these are two distinct steps. As well as installing PI and applying latest SP level are two distinct steps. At the end It depends on the installation material you have. If you have standard PI installation material it does not contain EhP1 (or there is new material in the meantime - check SMP under Alias swdc for that).

Regards,

Volker

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the blog https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/13700. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] It is mentioned and i quote " All possible installation options (new installation, update from SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1 and upgrade from earlier releases of PI) are supported, giving you the opportunity to choose the best way to EHP 1 for SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1 for your needs. " . Please read and get back to me . Also in case of documentation that is also available you just have to look properly. And in addition i would like to say this is available to a select few only.

Regards

joel

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

fresh installation + update from earlier versions of PI supported:

/people/sindhu.gangadharan/blog/2009/03/26/sap-enhancement-package-1-for-sap-netweaver-pi-71-now-in-ramp-up

Regards,

Abhishek.