cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert mail configuration for backup / Oracle database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to configure alert mail for successful backup in the system and i have did with most of the configurations. The steps are as follows:

Configured mail in 000 client and also assigned mail id for a user

Configured the method CCMS_OnAlert_Email_V2 (set the parameters and its auto reaction method)

Configured the nodes CCMS Monitor templates -> Database -> Oracle -> Backup / restore -> backup status -> last brbackup run and last successful complete backup with the method CCMS_OnAlert_Email_V2 as mentioned in the SAP note 176492

And after these configurations we receive the mail successfuly. However there are few issues which i would like to get corrected / clarified. Whenever a backup is started i am receiving a mail stating that brbackup has been started and whenever a backup fails i am receving mail stating brbackup is failed with some return code. But i am not receiving any mail after successful completion of backup. Am i missing any configuraions here? Is this the standard one and other configurations required for mail on successful backup? Please suggest

Regards,

Anandh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the value of "when should a message cause an alert" in status attribute in the properties of the MTE.

Regards,

pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

Thanks for your reply.

The value set for the status attribute when should a message cause an alert is set to The message sent has changed. Do we need to change it and if yes to what value to receive the mail after successful backup

Please clarify

Regards,

Anandh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes change it to "Always" .

Regards,

Pavan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When should a message trigger an alert?

1.Always (at every message): The Alert Monitor triggers a alert with the corresponding message value for every message.

2.Message value (color) has changed: The Alert Monitor only triggers an alert if the alert color of a reported message changes. For example, an alert is triggered if a red message follows a yellow message.

3.The message sent has changed: The Alert Monitor only triggers an alert if the color or severity of a message changes or if a new message is sent.

4.Never: The Alert Monitor does not trigger any alerts.

As your requirement, I would suggest it to be set to "Always"

Please let us know how it works.

Regards

Puneeth