cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing horizon in storage bucket profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need to extend the dates in the storage bucket profile. However the planning area using this storage bucket profile in initialized. can I still extend the dates in the storage bucket profile horizons?

regards,

Kedar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kedar ,

Here is the procedure to change the storage bucket profile

a) Back up your key figures to the back up cube , since deinitializing the planning area will lead to loss of time series key figure values .

b) Deintialize planning area and extend your storage bucket profile

c ) Reinitialize P.A

d) Load the time series data from your back up cube to planning area using tcode /sapapo/tscube

Thanks

Saradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to clarify things here:

In storage bucket profile, there are 2 things: periodicities and the horizon (start and end dates)

Once the storage bucket profile is attached to a planning area and the planning area is initialized, we cannot change the periodicities. However the option of changing the dates is still valid.

I would like to know if these dates can be changed without deinitializing the planning area.

regards,

kedar

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes that is possible though. SAP allows extension of the horizon in the Periodicity and then increasing the Time Series of the Planning Area where its used.

Better test in non-Production once. Technically the horizon gets extended but go into Interactive Planning and check you can enter and save data in the last future bucket.

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I tested this in quality system. it works fine. In my case the planning area is initialized for a time period 2 years less than the end of the storage bucket profile. So if required, I feel I can safely increase the horizon of the storage bucket profile.

regards,

Kedar

thamizhchelvan_gunasekara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear ,

I have the same requirement , wants to extend the planning calendar of the planning area , pl instruct the procedure need to be done.

Regards

Thamizhchelvan G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you need to change the dates in the time stream ID in the storage bucket profile?

Regards,

Kedar

thamizhchelvan_gunasekara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your intrest in this concern , let me explain my requirement.

I have the planning calender up to 2009 , and my storage bucket profile is created using planning calender time stream and then my planning area is initialized up to 2009 . In this case is it possible to extend my planning area without changing my storage bucket profiel ?

Actually i want to extend my storage bucket profile from 2009 to 2011 , please instruct me what need to be done?

I am not going to change the periodicity

Thanks in advance.

Thanks and regards

Thamizhchelvan G

Edited by: Thamizhchelvan gunasekaran on Sep 12, 2009 3:00 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. Storage Bucket Profile used in an Active Planning Area can not be changed. You have to deinitialise the Planning Area before being able to change the Storage Bucket Profile.

Here is the exact message you will get

You are not permitted to change periodicities

Message no. /SAPAPO/TSTR019

Diagnosis

The periodicities of storage buckets profile 'Zxxxx' cannot be changed and the storage buckets profile cannot be deleted. This could be due to one of the following:

It is a standard SAP storage buckets profile (with prefix '9A')

The storage buckets profile is used in at least one initialized planning area with time series key figures

Procedure

If you would like to change the periodicities of storage buckets profile 'Zxxxx' and it is not a standard SAP storage buckets profile, you first have to deinitialize all planning areas with time series key figures. You can then change the periodicities of the storage buckets profile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can. But if you are using fiscal yr vernt then make it larger than your Storage bucket profl (start date of fiscal yr vrnt + 1year, then start date of storge bckt profl, then end date of storage buckt, + 1 year then end date of fiscal varnt).

Thanks,

Satyajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ofcourse he has to deinitialize all PA, before changing the Storg Buckt Profl