cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Range Error for Bill Type/Plant Combination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have created a new sales order type and new billing type. Sales order type is linked to existing delivery type and the same linked to new billing type. Even new no range is also created for new order type and billing type.

I have done all settings in VOV8 and VOFA.

I have created a sales order and delivery. While creating Invoice the error coming is "Please maintain the Number Range No for the Bill type/Plant combination"

Pls suggest where i have missed the configuration?

I have searched the forum also but these type of error comes in case of user exits. I have not used user exists.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Please maintain the Number Range No for the Bill type/Plant combination

From the above error message, I can confidently tell you that for the billing number range, some number range object is maintained which you can check in SM30. There if you dont know the exact table name, just put asterisk mark followed by INV and again an asterisk mark and execute. There should be a table with some text like INV_NUMRANGE. Choose that table and execute.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

if u r not using user exist as pointed out by Laxmipathi, then check whether the new sales and billing type has got the assignment of new no range.

also check whether they are assigned to RV doc of FI properly or different.

rgs,

ak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please elaborate this

:"check whether they are assigned to RV doc of FI properly or different"

Former Member
0 Kudos

if u c the billing doc, then u will find that they need to be assigned to FI billing document.

in std, against F2 u will find RV doc type of Finance, which u can find in bill doc- generol control.

now if RV doesn't have a proper no range assigned, then also system will give msg.

I hope this will help.

Rgs,

AK

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably, user exit USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE (Module pool SAPLV60A, program RV60AFZZ) would have been applied in which case, you need to maintain the number for the said combination in SM30.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please maintain the Number Range No for the Bill type/Plant combination

Message no. ZS01000.

Even iam unable to understand. I havenot used user exit here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Message number starting with Z and you are not using a user exit. I do not believe this.

Double check your user-exits, particularly the one mentioned in the 2nd reply to your original post.

Check in CMOD if necessary.

Put a breakpoint if you will.

Try the 'where used' on the message definition.

Must be custom coding in place and you first have to know what it is doing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all. Answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the message number ?

I don't know of any standard nr range determination by billing type / plant, unless maybe when using plants abroad ?