cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save Variable values ????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Members!

Q1) Is it possible to save selectively values in Web Planning Application?

Q2) If yes, then is it possible to save only variable values of the web plannig application without using the standard "Save" button!

A1.1) If yes, then I presume that it has to be done at client side (Web Planning application). For that custom javascript must written inside a HTML Text Component ( in Web Interface Builder ).

A1.2) This javascript must provide a mechanism to post a HTTP-Request with parameterised variable values as "Event" and then server must update the required Variable values!

The <b>sapUrMapi.... </b> API could perhaps be used!

Q3) How could be this javascript implemented?

Q4) If the Variable selectors store different types of BPS-Variables (Hier, Exit,..), then the javascript must somehow be adapted!

For example, if the variable selector has Hierarchy variable, and the user has selected a Hierarchy Node (0HIER_NODE) and not a Leaf (Characteristic), how should the javascript convey the Node type in the Event!

Q5) Another possibility.

After selecting a new value in the variable selector and a server roundtrip (Enter button) is made. At this point we have not used "Save" button. What does this "server roundtrip" do exactly? In which BPS buffer (Class) is the new value of variable selector saved. Would it be then possible with this buffer to save only new values of variables?

Any Helpful technical explanation/example(s)/Code under Javascript/ABAP Extension Class would be greatly appreicated and awarded!

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member699913
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RPR,

By your saying "save selectively values in Web Planning Application" I mean that you enter some values to be stored for a characterisic presented in the web application through a variable.

Now when you change the value to some ther value if you press the save button, the values are sored,i.e the new value is stored against that variable.No coding is required for the same.

Just for extra info, if you include a planning layout also in your web application using the characteristic with the mentioned variable.then the values in layout also changes according to values that you saved while using the above mechanism.

Reward if it helps,

Regards,

ajay

former_member699913
Contributor
0 Kudos

i think even it also doesnt depend on the nature of variables also(hier,exit..)

regards,

ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay,

Perhaps I should present you a situation where it is more applicable.

1) The user works on plan data for the current variable selections.

2) Here the plan data is still not checked for the consistency.

3) He changes the selection and inconsistent plan data remains in the buffer.

4) He now wishes to open a Query for the new selection.

5) When he wishes to see the Query data for the new selection, he must normally save the variable values (so the BEx exit variables could read the new variable values) But during this course, the inconsistent plan data which is not shown to user (because of new selection) would also be saved.

6) The function which check the consistency of the entered plan data is supposed to work with the active variable values.

<b>Question</b> - Just forget all stuff that has been discussed till now. Is it possible to call a BEx Web Template with parameterised varaible values?

As of now I was able to successfully pass single variable value! With Command URL I was unable to pass more than one variable value! I followed standard SAP Documentation syntax, SND Posts,... but dosen't worked out!

So, If you are going to propose the command URL syntax, which could pass more than one variable value, then I would request you to first check it for its functionality!

Regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My 2 cents on variables and maintaining user-depedent values for the same is to create a web application which will porvide as an interface for selecting and storing the values. There are various API's available for storing the value, popup help with characteristic value. the other very important class that can be used in CL_SEM_VARIABLE.

The second part about the queries and reading the values via exit variables please activate trgerring events on web builder for variables. this will trigger the BSP to load again when some value is selected. This should take care of executing query also...

Hope this was helpful

thanks

former_member699913
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RPR,

First answer, when the user wants to see Query Data for new selection values(removing old values), the old selection values are not saved.Pressing the save button saves only the data for current value.

Second,it is possible to call a BEx Web Template with parameterised varaible values...There is 'How to Guide...' for the same...

Regards

Ajay

Rewarding points is the way of saying thanks in SDN.