Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdp ESS in client namespace

former_member184564
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

ECC5 webdp ESS on EP6 SP16

I have created my own ESS role in the client namespace and created a workset in client namespace with the parts of ESS that the client wants. I have configged the IMG to point to my new role and altered the Application Parameters of the com.sap.portal.appintegrator.sap.WebDynpro iViews.

Problem is this my new role only works if the user ALSO has the standard ESS role. Without the standard role I click on a link on the overview page nothing happens except that the detail nav panel pops up! The URL of the blank page with detail nav showing is

Anyone seen this? How have you implemented ESS?

Please help, v. v. frustrated.

j

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are the pages coming up? Can you see the workset and hte page and the link?

If not then your resource definition is incorrect.

You have to add the pcd path for the workset to the area group page and the PCD page location to the area page in the img. the page comes up blank because the PCD object location is incorrect in your config.

Another place you want to check is the parameters in the overview page. You have to specify the Areagroup page name in the parameters.

See the ESS 1.0 documentation. It explains how it works in the homepage framework section.

If the application isn't running, then the portal object definition is incorrect. Make sure you select the correct portal object type.

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi James,

Sorry for late reply.

Everything works fine with standard SAP role for both ESS and MSS. Then I copied the complete folder at new pcd location.But wen I assign the new role to ess user I can c only overview pages but specific links (like team calender) gives blank page as output.

I've given new pcd path of page in

Personnel Management ->Employee Self-Service -> Homepage for Self-Services ->Define Resources ->Define Resources (Change Entries).

Still no luck.

Could u plz elaborate more on settings to be done at R3/HR side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarika,

The page will come up blank if your resource definition is incorrect, pcd path is incorrect, or caching on the xss menu could be the problem.

Add this parameter to sap.xss.menunobuffer to one of the pages on the portal and re-run the app.

See if that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've simillar problem.. can anybody put some light on this??

Regards,

Sarika