cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel schema dropdown is empty

Former Member
0 Kudos

In WD FITV_POWL_TRIPS, when starting the application, and choosing the second tab (travel requests) there is a clickable field per row, that allows to create or modify a request.

When you click on a "create" field a dropdown box appears on the left bottom of the screen to allow you to choose the adequate schema. Somehow, this dropdown box is empty, so it is impossible to continue from then on.

I've debugged the process and I've found out that three schemas are charged by FM PTRM_WEB_CUSTOMIZING_GET, but all three are discarded in a subsequent process. None of them gets through this condition:

( wd_assist->gs_common_rfc_input-trip_component IS INITIAL "Expense report mode ?		
  AND <lf_trip_schema>-t_schema NE cl_fitv_constants=>gc_trip_schema_planning "No planning/request trip schema ?	 
  AND <lf_trip_schema>-t_schema NE cl_fitv_constants=>gc_trip_schema_advances 							
) 
AND 
( <lf_trip_schema>-oth_exp IS INITIAL   " Schema valid for trips										
   OR ( lo_el_pending_trips IS NOT BOUND AND wd_this->schema_change IS INITIAL )    " No trip selected/schema change ?	
)
OR
( NOT wd_assist->gs_common_rfc_input-trip_component IS INITIAL "Request/Planning mode ?						
  AND <lf_trip_schema>-t_schema EQ cl_fitv_constants=>gc_trip_schema_planning "Is planning/Request trip schema ?	
).

I guess this is a configuration problem, since it's a standard WD.

Any hints?

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll give the values for the fields in the condition, in case it helps...

wd_assist->gs_common_rfc_input-trip_component    "Is initial
<lf_trip_schema>-t_schema                        "01 and 02, in the ones that should be showing (travel and expense)
cl_fitv_constants=>gc_trip_schema_planning       "PL
cl_fitv_constants=>gc_trip_schema_advances       "VS

so the first condition is fulfilled.

<lf_trip_schema>-oth_exp                         "X
lo_el_pending_trips                              "initial
wd_this->schema_change                           "R                                   

so the second condition is not fulfilled

wd_assist->gs_common_rfc_input-trip_component    "initial
<lf_trip_schema>-t_schema                        "01 and 02, in the ones that should be showing (travel and expense)
cl_fitv_constants=>gc_trip_schema_planning       "PL

so the third condition is not fulfilled.

One of the last two conditions should be fulfilled, and that can only happen if:

- <lf_trip_schema>-oth_exp is initial. How do I deselect the option "other expenses" in a travel schema?

or

- wd_this->schema_change is initial That is retrieved by FM PTRA_WEB_SCHEMA_CHANGE_CHECK, and I don't know the meaning, but if I delete the value while debugging I get an error, so I guess this is Ok

or

- wd_assist->gs_common_rfc_input-trip_component is not initial Not sure about this

Which one of the three is wrong? How do I fix this?

Thank you in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if this will be the correct option, but I've removed the possibility of overlapping from the expenses and travels schemas in spro and now it seems to work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To remove the option did not solve the problem. We need the possibility of overlapping travels.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

Barin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The solution

1. Under employee self service for travel management in SPRO check node Schema and single field control for webdynpro. (Also check the same node in Travel Expense SPRO settings)

2. you make sure that you have copied schema 01 and 99. If you are using travel planning then add schema PL also.

This would resolve the problem.