cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorisation at sales order partner function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

The scenario is that there are group of users who have the authorisation to change delivery and assign a changed vendor (in partner function) at item level.

Now this group even requires the authorisation to do this at sales order line item level (in partner function), so that the data is alike in sales order as well as delivery.

My problem is, how to restrict the authorisation to only sales order line item level for partner function tab in VA02.

An early help would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

AK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just restrict you Users by T-Code of VOPA ,

Regards,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

VOPA is transaction code for maintaining (creating), partner function and assigning to partner det proc.

Can u pl elaborate, based on my scenario, as to how to restrict this user for changing partner no at sales order item level in transaction VA02.

Rgs,

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are we allowed to challenge the requirement ?

Why does it bother you that the partners are different on sales and delivery docs ? Assuming you have delivery-related billing the partners on the billing doc will be those from the delivery.

I don't like these automatic updates in the backgrounds, you will run into exceptional cases where you specifically do not want it to happen.

Your authorization is set up not to allow these users to change the sales order. That is for a reason. Can't you put a procedural solution in place, some way contact the persons who do have access ? Could do that even via workflow.

regards

Rad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think that the standard authorization objects allow you to do this.

You mean they should be able to change partners at item level but not able to change anything else on the order,right?

Try look at the MASS transaction, or LSMW, maybe you can set up some object that only allows changing the item partners.

Another something you can try is transaction SHD0. Very old transaction. You can create a transaction variant in which you make all fields display only except for the partner screen. Quite a bit of work when starting from VA02. Starting from VA03 and just opening up the partner screen will not work I would think.

Good luck

Rad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rad,

Thanks for the response.

Scenario is something like when a delivery is changed and new partner is entered, an BAPI runs which goes to sales order change and does update this partner no at item level.

Now delivery change authorisation is given to this set of users but not that of sales order change, so bapi gives back error msg that partner no at sales order is not updated.

So neither lsmw or mass change is required, nor can i create trans variant.

any other suggestion.

rgs,

ak