cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bw articles

Former Member
0 Kudos

what happened bw articles at http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/articles-bi-recent Almost all of them about crystal reports. I couldn't find bw articles. does anyone ???

Edited by: exca last on Jul 2, 2009 9:46 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

My thinking is that SAP's intention is that if you work with the back-end (data modelling etc) than you are a BW Consultant. If you work with the front-end (BO tools) then you are a BI Consultant. If you continue to develop with the 'old' non-BO tools (query designer, web application designer) then you are a dinosaur!

David

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

>If you continue to develop with the 'old' non-BO tools (query designer, web application designer) then you are a dinosaur!

>

> David

ROTFL............

Again ROTFL.......

That was a nice answer.

But if I work on all BW,BO and BWA then I m a rare species I guess

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, is there any solution for finding bw articles? the last week, I could find them but now I can't. as I understand, there are many people are disappointed about this topic. all of the articles about new products (business objets,etc..). what happened the old articles? are they deleted or this is a just only selection problem?

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> hi, is there any solution for finding bw articles? the last week, I could find them but now I can't. as I understand, there are many people are disappointed about this topic. all of the articles about new products (business objets,etc..). what happened the old articles? are they deleted or this is a just only selection problem?

Tried doing "Article by date" ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you choose article by date, you can see articles like "An Overview on Automotive Sales & Service Organizations" ???!!!!. there are so many articles so you can't search for a specific topic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moved to comments and suggestions forum....

(duplicate deleted)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree. The BI articles have been swamped by Business Objects articles, and it is extremely difficult to find anything BW related. This is probably to do with SAP's recent announcement that BI is now just Business Objects, and that BW (temporarrily renamed to BI in BI7) is once again BW.

So, can we have the BW articles seperated into a category called BW? Is anyone from SAP listening?

Cheers,

David

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree, BW and BO needs to be separated under the heading BI as thats how SAP defines it now.

When I do "Articles by Topic" we have BI and BO as separate options though. It is probably mixed up I guess.

>

>Is anyone from SAP listening?

>

> Cheers,

> David

For this you have forum.

or may be moderators can move this thread to respective forum I guess.

dennis_scoville4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There was a blog created specifically talking about the name change back to SAP BW (but meaning SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse instead of the older SAP Business Information Warehouse).

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/14544] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

There were several backlash comments that shows that you are not alone.

To make matters more confusing, the SAP Business Objects suite of tools, including the Rapid Marts, are bieng re-branded as SAP Business Objects Business Intelligence, or BI, and that's why I suspect that all of the Articles for Business Intelligence (BI) are not referencing Crystal Reports. These will also most like expand into Web Intelligence (web or rich client - rich client is the replacement of Desk Intelligence), Xcelsius (formerly Dashboard Builder), Pioneer (hybrid of BEx Analyzer and Voyager), Explorer (formerly Polestar) and anything else they come up with for the new frontend tools.

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> There was a blog created specifically talking about the name change back to SAP BW (but meaning SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse instead of the older SAP Business Information Warehouse).

>

> [https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/14544] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Now I don't know what kind of a consultant I am.

May be I need to tell BW,BWA and Bex consultant and once I get into BO I will be BW,BWA,Bex and BO consultant.

So annoying.

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> what happened bw articles at http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/articles-bi-recent Almost all of them about crystal reports. I couldn't find bw articles. does anyone ???

>

> Edited by: exca last on Jul 2, 2009 9:46 AM

I am able to access it from link given by you.

Try it now.