cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant Configuration in Purchasing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to use variant configuration in purchasing ME21N similar to the configuration in sales order VA01 screen,

in sales orders we have used charateristics which pick the material number from VBAP-MATNR,

in a similar manner we created a characteristic for PO which picks Material number from EKPO-MATNR,

however the values are not getting populated in the Variant screen in PO,

can you please advise what i'm doing wrong.

thanks in advance

Shadaab

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Shadaab,

please have a look at SAP Note 588117.

There it is stated that this is supported in the Industry Extension Mill Products, but not in standard ERP (without the Industry Extension).

Best regards,

Stefan

daniel_b1
Explorer
0 Kudos

there is a BADI available to read and update ref characteristics in purchasing (internal use only). CAN THIS BE USED?????

BADI: ME_CIP_REF_CHAR

methods:

GET_APPLICATION_INPUT Reads the Tables That Supply the Reading Obj. Characterists.

SET_APPLICATION_DATA Changes the Item Data from the Writing Obj. Characteristics

Documentation for the BADI:

Main programs: SAPMM06E, SAPLMEGUI

This Business Add-In (BAdI) facilitates the exchange of data between purchasing document and configuration via object characteristics.

With the aid of this BAdI, you can:

- Transfer purchasing data to the configuration

- Change purchasing data due to changes in characteristic values

Requirements

This BAdI is only available for internal SAP use. Implementation should only be carried out after consultation with Development.

Standard settings

No implementation is supplied in the standard system. The use of object characteristics in Purchasing is not possible.

Answers (0)