cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java and SAP in the next years ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it a good thing to begin to develop around SAP in Java currently ?

It has been said that it will not be supported if i'm not mistake.

Thanks,

Smoltok

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your return !

I'm developping with java for ten years, and I needed some return around SAP development !

Smoltok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smoltok

I think that ideia is really impossible.

Java is a strong language and platform. SAP have invested strongly in this platform.

Java have uncountable number of adepts, and inside this market SAP could gain a lot.

In this time java is very little than ABAP, but they start this technology only in a few years ago, and already have a lot of peoples working in it. I think in some years java will be the main technology, because community is very big, and is free to use.

Regards

Marcos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Java is a Platform independent technology so that it can be used by all the system, ERP like SAP need to communicate with

different type of system and nedd to handle huge set of data. For this Java is a power full language hence Java is used in SAP. J2ee has a huge number of Design patters wich will help to solve the archeture problem easily.

SAP netweaver is mostly build on Java engine only. So the combination of SAP and Java will be success for next Years

but People say ABAP is going to replace JAVA in SAP, But as of its quite impossibel because ABAP is mainly ment for Data processing.

Regards

Noel