Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC FM and tables parameter with complex type

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want SAP to deal with a middleware (WebMethods).

To do this, we notably use RFC FM.

For one I wish to use a table with complex structure (composed of fields of table type)

When I check the RFC enabled FM box, I have this message :

"Only tables with simple line structure are allowed in RFC"

There is a solution ? another way to proceed ?

It would be very helpful in the middleware side to receive this kind of complex structure (looking like IDOC)

Thanks in advace

Message was edited by: Jean-Charles

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jean,

The problem is with older versions of SAP, RFC cannot handle nested internal tables. However, with newer versions you can.

In this case, you will have to redesign your parameter that it will NOT have nested internal tables. Whenever you have such requirement, have that nested internal table as a table parameter and have a column which can relate to the header table.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jean,

The problem is with older versions of SAP, RFC cannot handle nested internal tables. However, with newer versions you can.

In this case, you will have to redesign your parameter that it will NOT have nested internal tables. Whenever you have such requirement, have that nested internal table as a table parameter and have a column which can relate to the header table.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers

0 Kudos

Our version is ECC 5.0

0 Kudos

Jean,

I just tried doing that on WAS 7.0 and it only gave me a warning that the performance might be a issue. But allowed me to create it.

You are on WAS 6.40, does it give you a hardd error, that you cannot proceed further?

regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Thanks all,

Yes our WAS is a 6.40

It is not a warning but blocking error when activating FM

0 Kudos

Jean,

In that case, I am afraid, we don't have too many options. You will have redesign your parameters and convert all the nested internal tables, to individual table parameters.

Regards,

Ravi

Note :Please mark all the helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Move the import parameters of table type to Tables in the function module..

The reason you get the problem is because you cant handle such complex type even from the remote program such as standalone java program..

It has provision to handle tables but not table type...

Regards,

Tanveer.

Mark helpful answers.