cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIR Search at Folder Level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is SAP DMS has the functionality to search the document using classification within the Particular Folder. so far i have only seen the document Search is at classification charateristics or at the Document Text level.

Pls Let me know, whether Searching at folder level is possible or not?

Regards,

S Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Find in Structure

To find the folder in the SAP Easy Document Management structure in which a document was originally created, proceed as follows:

1. Select a document or folder in the directory structure of SAP Easy Document Management, for example, in the Search

Result folder.

2. Choose Find in Structure in the context menu of the document or select the Find in Structure indicator in the search

dialog for documents .

Microsoft Windows Explorer highlights the folder in which you originally created the document.

Benakaraja

??p

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benakaraja,

Thanks for your reply and appreciate your suggestion but you are not getting me.

I have many folders in the Root folder. I will go to the particular Folder path and then like to have the Search functionality, so that It searches the Document from that specific folder. Just like we do in windows explorer.

Is is possible? Or could we have one more parameter in the Search functionality, which indicates in which folder you want to search.

Regards,

S Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Anand,

i undderstood, u r requirement, u discuss with your ABAPER, defenetly it is development, u need add extra earch attribute to existing program.

Benakaraja

??P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheo,

is possible to search at folder level by using the Browser in CV02N transaction (Select document via .. --> Selection screen & Browser).

PS. This feature is also supported by Easy DMS.

Marco.

Edited by: Marco Cariello on Jul 2, 2009 11:24 AM