cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC response no data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am now doing a sync RFC in a xi integration process. The RFC returns blank response, but I have checked that the RFC request is right. What's more, I tried the same RFC module in the r/3 system using SE37, it works fine with response data. What is the problem? And is XI has a tool to debug calling rfc? Thanks!

Regards,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

have a look at Michal weblog <a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/01/17/xi-debugging-rfc-calls-from-the-xi-not-possible-who-said-that-: Debugging RFC calls from the XI not possible? Who said that? :-)</a>

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) First check if the RFC is working fine or not..

2) If your RFC is working fine then the only problem in your scenario is with your input to RFC from XI..The problem will be the input that you are sending to RFC may not produce an output...

Just check the case sensitivity of your input.

Hope this helps you...If not give more details about your input.

Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sudheer,

The RFC works fine, I tested it in R/3 system.

And I have checked the input, it is also right. As it is the same input as I test in R/3 system.

What's more, the RFC is a customzied one.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Check whether the correct input is given to RFC. i.e check the data doamin of RFC parameters. For eg the domain may be 10 digits with few significant digits and rest padded with zeroes(0000000456). so check whether the import parameters are given correctly.

Also check the Response mapping.

Regards,

Sudharshan

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also getting blank reponse, was this topic solved ?

Regards..

kkram
Contributor
0 Kudos

If its a customzied RFC, why don't you try to wrap it in a proxy and make a synch. proxy?

Not that it will solve your problem but atleast you will be able to see what's going in and what's coming out. Performance will also be better.

To be able to see synch calls in SXMB_MONI, you need to set your logging level correctly. Your basis guys should be able to help you out with this.

Thanks

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kushi,

In my case, it is caused by the RFC Module itself, you can test the RFC at the R3 end by inputing the RFC request which you can get it in the SXMB_MONI in XI. Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Nick

former_member189354
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am facing the same problem.

Any help plz.

Regards,

Daniel.LA

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you mapped the response structure to the response Message type,are you handling the response correctly?

and do you have the data for the request you have made,I mean can RFC get the data from SAP?

and where do you see that response has no data?in SXMB_MONI?

former_member189354
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am calling RFC in BPM i.e Synch calling. Response from the Rfc shows no data. When I test rfc in R3 it is correctly getting.

Regards,

Daniel.LA