cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting a process chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Normally when I create an object and put it into a process chain I save the object and provide a transport number and activate the process chain and put it into the same transport. In transaction se09 I will then see the object and the chain and can therefore see that it will transport the right changes. Today I have on only moved steps around in a process chain, I have not added anything. I have activated the chain and provided a transport number. In transaction se09 I can see the chain. Is there a way to tell from se09 that it will actually transport the changes i.e. steps I moved around?

Thank you and Kind regards,

Keith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

hi Keith,

do you mean se09/se10, 'display'

choose your request, and click 'release' (truck icon), if there is 'sub-request', release it first.

then STMS to transport ?

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A.H.P

Thank you for your response.

I know how to release and transport - my question is about how I tell from transaction se09 that my changes are there i.e. (me moving things around in the process chain) before I release to production. Is the fact that the name of the process chain is in se09 enough?

Kind regards,

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

When u saved the process chain for the first time,I asked u for a transport request.

Now when u move the steps around in the process chain,the system knows that the process chain is already stored in a transport request,and this transport request isnt released as yet.

So system understands that changes too will go into the same transport request.

If u see chain name in se09,it confirms that its in transport.

I think u can safely transport the request,but do not miss activating the chain(do run a syntax check on the chain before u activate..to confirm that there arent any warnings/errors).

cheers,

Vishvesh

0 Kudos

hi Keith,

yes, you may see a node 'process chain' in se09,

along with other process type e.g process chain starter,

infopackages etc.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes .

The name of the process chain in SE09 is enough. Your changes (moving around) will be saved in that .

Answers (0)