cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport control program tp ended with error code 0212

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are running SAP ECC 6.0 on IBM iSeries V5R4 with kernel supp. package level 186 and QFileSvr.400 is used to share transport directory between systems.

When performing transport we often get the following error message:

Transport control program tp ended with error code 0212

Errors: could not access file as supposed

Could not open file: /tmp/dev_tp_494 for writing.

Command: TMS_MGR_IMPORT_TR_REQUEST

Service: transport service

Start: online

Function: TMS_IP_IMPORT

We have checked the file permission and its correct since we can perform transport successfully after a couple retries.

Is this a common problem for SAP running on iSeries platform? because this error happens not just in one of my clients running on i.

Please advise.

Thank you very much

Best Regards,

Pandu Budihardja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Pandu,

first I suggest SAP note 67213 (iSeries: Transports between two SAP Systems) for details how to setup a QFileSvr connection. Most important thing is to keep the needed user profiles in sync. Usually you have to create the users <sid>OFR, <sid>ADM and all <sid><nn> on the remote machine by using command CRTSAPUSR. This command makes sure all SAP related settings for the user profiles will be done. For the instance users ADM you have to make sure the passwords are identically on both machines. In addition, I suggest to make sure the numeric user ID's (UID) of all additional created users match their numbers on the original host to avoid some uncommon problems in the IFS.

Maybe following SAP notes are interesting for you as well:

117465 (AS/400: Combining transport directories)

647891 (iSeries: TP ends with "could not access file as supposed")

845879 (iSeries: Problems with file locks in the transport directory)

SAP note 647891 might point you directly to the file access problem as we had this sometimes in the past.

Best regards,

René Lang

SAP on IBM i Development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

Thanks for your reply.

I will check again on the user profile used for QFileSvr in the remote machine but i am not sure if this is the problem since we are able to perform transport successfully after several (often many) retries.

Regarding the sapnotes, I have read it before and in note 845879 it says that:

"As of SAP kernel release 700, this problem should no longer occur in the TP due to a technology conversion. Consequently, the OS400_SAP_TP_RETRY variable will no longer be analyzed."

But I will try to set the OS400_SAP_TP_RETRY variable anyways. If none of this helps, i will open a customer message with SAP.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Pandu Budihardja

0 Kudos

Hello Pandu,

once you are done with your checks and the issue is still not yet solved, it's a good idea to open a customer ticket. The development support has to look for it and needs therefore a connection to your system. Most probably Telnet and the OFR users of both machines will be required.

Best regards,

René

Answers (0)