Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All!

I was going through some function modules through SE37 and i came across one FM /SAPTRX/GET_HU_FOR_DELIVERY.

I didn't understand the functionality of this FM since it has no import parameters to give and it is giving the output.Can anybody explain the functionality of this FM and what input parameters it takes.

Actually i was looking for available Handling units for a particular delivery.

Rwegards

Praneeth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nishanthbhandar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Praneeth,

If you look at the source code we can make out that some global tables are being passed to the exporting parameters of the FM.Sadly the where-used list is also not providing any results.If you check the release date of the FM there is none.Maybe this FM is not fully developed or was scrapped at some time.Hope you find the FM that will help you out with the handling part.You can ignore this FM as this does not provide a clue as to how it can be used.

Cheers

Nishanth

5 REPLIES 5

nishanthbhandar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Praneeth,

If you look at the source code we can make out that some global tables are being passed to the exporting parameters of the FM.Sadly the where-used list is also not providing any results.If you check the release date of the FM there is none.Maybe this FM is not fully developed or was scrapped at some time.Hope you find the FM that will help you out with the handling part.You can ignore this FM as this does not provide a clue as to how it can be used.

Cheers

Nishanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like this is used internally by SAP to transfer data between tables. I don't think we should use it.

Regards,

Ravi

Note :Please mark the helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest you not to bother about this FM or the function group assosiated with it because it is doing nothing inside. One FM /SAPTRX/SAVE_HU_FOR_DELIVERY has import parameters and passes the data to global variables, the other one that u have mentioned passes the value set at global data and passes it to export parameters. I dont see any processing logic within this FM, so i guess they are of no use to you.

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this function module will be called after the HU's created for delivery to get the Data. this can't be called separately, this is called by some other FM or some program to get the HU data.

Regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have gone thru this function module.

Here it exports the parameters..The question is from where are these global parameters gettin filled..

See function /saptrx/save_hu_for_delivery.

It passes values to these global parameters.

Its just like GET-SET Method..

Regards,

Tanveer.

Mark helpful answers.