cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC SQL Exception while updating an SQL database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Recently i have encountered a JDBC SQL exception while updating aSQL database as below,

com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: Error processing request in sax parser: Error when executing statement for table/stored proc. 'SAP_UPLOAD' (structure 'Statement'): java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket

the above system error didn't occur for all messages (so far happened twice), but i need to find an fix to overcome this system error.

did anybody came across the above system error, please help me to resolve.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

most probably, it is due to network packet loss, check using any network monitoring tool.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bandana,

From SAP Note --> 831162

17. Receiver: java.sql.SQLException During First Message Processing

• Q: When sending a message to a JDBC receiver channel for the first time after an extended inactivity period, I am observing a java.sql.SQLException in the adapter's processing, which refers to a closed connection or a timeout? What is causing this and how do I work around this problem?

• A: The database server has apparently closed the adapter's JDBC connection from the server side. Nevertheless, the message should be processed successfully during the next retry. If you want to completely eliminate the symptoms, enable the setting "Advanced Mode" -> "Disconnect from database after each message processing". Note that this might have a negative performance impact for high-volume processing.

I would recommend you to go through the complete note !!! Very Informative .

Regards,

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: Error processing request in sax parser: Error when executing statement for 
table/stored proc. 'SAP_UPLOAD' (structure 'Statement'): java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket
the above system error didn't occur for all messages (so far happened twice), but i need to find an fix to overcome this system 
error.

It may occur when the CC is trying to send data to the DB but is not able to get the connection......or maybe the timeout has occured.....check Q28 from this note:

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/831162

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try this - in receiver JDBC comm channel tick the option of disconnect from database after message processing........then see if you are still getting the above error.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta