cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ess career and job skills link problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

A blank page is coming when i click on skills of ess career and job.

what I read from documentation is it is given

prerequisite:

You have made the settings required for this service in the following activity in the Implementation Guide for Personnel Management: Employee Self-Service ® Service-Specific Settings ® Career and Job ® Skills.

I have gone thhere and help shows

Make Settings for Skills Profile Service

Use

In this Customizing activity, you can make the settings for the Employee Self-Service (ESS) Skills Profile. You can use the switches available to make the following settings:

Switches QUALI DEST1 and QUALI DEST2 allow you to set up the system ID required for the RFC connection for ESS. In QUALI DEST1, you must enter the first characters of the system ID (maximum of 10 characters). If the system ID exceeds 10 characters, you can enter the remaining characters in QUALI DEST2. In each of the two switches you can enter a maximum of 10 characters. That is, you can enter a system ID that is composed of a maximum of 20 characters.

Switch QUALI FORM enables you to set up the SAPscript form required to print the skills profile in ESS. A standard form is already set up in the standard delivery (see below).

Switch QUALI REQPR enables you to set up which skills proficiencies, required by the position, are to be displayed in the employee's skillsprofile.

Switch QUALI TRURL enables you to set up whether a suitable training proposal should be displayed in the ESS Skills Profile for missing or insufficient skills and licenses.

Standard settings

The following switch settings are delivered as standard:

QUALI DEST1: - (no value)

I dont understand what I have to maintain.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi p gopala

Go to IMG -> Cross-Application Components -> Homepage framework -> Resources -> Derfine Resources -> (Add Entries)

Double Click on Resource object "EMPLOYEE_SKILLSPROFILE_SERVICE".

Under URL of PCD page, you will find

ROLES:// portal_content/com.sap............

Delete this line and replace it with following..

ROLES://portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/com.sap.pct.ess.employee/com.sap.pct.ess.roles/com.sap.pct.ess.employee_self_service/com.sap.pct.ess.employee_self_service/com.sap.pct.ess.area_career_job/com.sap.pct.ess.serv_career_job

save your entry.

Customizing request is created.

Release this request from 'SE09'

Restart the J2EE server.

Regards,

Kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a bug in the default configuration of the property "URL of PCD page" defined in the resources for Career and Job. The iView path given in the resources is pcd:...../serv_job_skills or something of that sort. But there is no such iView in the portal (you can check this in the Content Admin. Check what iView is linked with the service page of Career and Job and give this correct pcd path in the resources. This will correct the problem.

Regards,

Nirav