Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Prod category in "Default settings for items"-Doesnu2019t get replaced

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having SRM 3.0 /EBP 4.0.

While the user (any user) try to change the product category (defaulted from org structure) to a different product category in "Default settings for items" screen the newly selected product category is not flowing in or in other words the original product category remains unchanged.

All the product categories are maintained in the Extended Attributes tab in org unit.

I beleive this should have been a standard functionality and is a bug. Correct me if I am wrong. Can you please shed some light on how to achieve this requirement.

Found some relevant OSS notes but not much of succes.

More Info:

In the field "Category" in "Default settings for items" screen, There is a drop down list (favorites?) having few Product categories (which I suppose is updated in memory in table BBP_CATEGORY_FAV due to carts created by me in the past)

I am able to switch to any of the product categories among these (available in the drop down list)

But I am not able to select any product category from list obtained via the search help (binacular)

Can anyone tell me how the drop down list formed? And ahy I am not able to select from the serch list & how do I achieve this?

regards,

MRao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rao,

First Uncheck the Defaul Product Category (defaulted from org structure) and chek different product category as Default for the User in Extended attribute tab in the org structure.

Logon in ITS side, the new default product category will display.

This is SRM standard behaviour.

Regards,

Suneel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

But my query is related to changing the Product Category in "Default settings for items"

Edited by: Mahesh Rao on Jul 2, 2009 4:19 PM