cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD 7.1 & Google Maps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am working on the CE environment with NWDS 7.1. I am looking for some ideas to integrate google maps with my WD application. Unlike NWDS 7.0 which contained an IFRAME component as a UI element NWDS 7.1 doesnt seem to have that which is not good. If any one has any ideas or has worked on something similar, do advice.

Thanks,

GLM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GLM,

I am intrested in SAP ESS integration in to MOSS,I tried to integrate by creating a webpart (using ess overview url which uses homepage framework to build the ess overview screen) and displaying that ess overview page on MOSS, but when i click on any link for example the personal information page or payment information, thats opening the sap portal in new window but i want that application to be opened in the same MOSS window. As you already implemented this can you give some pointers how you managed to do this. In other words how you managed to display the ess overview page in moss and clicking any link on it opening in same moss page rather than opening the sap portal in new browser. Hi can you also please send the document you have on it if possible. Appreciate your Help. Can you provide some pointers how you acevied this. sorry for wrong subject .Appreciate your help

Thanks,

pkv

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have done it using Adobe Flex, once u complet your devlopement in Ad Flex, you have to export/Generate .swf file. After that this file(.swf) has to bee imported into your NWDS of CE71. and can be used as View.

Check it out how its work

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

Thanks for your response.

The response you gave holds true for CE 7.1 EhP1 and I am already aware of this.

I mentioned in my earlier post that I am on CE 7.1. If you have any suggestions for CE 7.1 they will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

GLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GLM

I have developed one application using Google maps in NW 7.1.

But i use Visual Composer and a servlet to make this work. I develop all the map frame in a web project(servlet and jsp), the screen which a pass parameter i develop in VC. And to make the comunication between them i use a web service.

That's work

Regards

Marcos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Calling Google Maps in a seperate window as of now...not elegant but works.

Thanks,

GLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GLM

The google maps isn't in separate window.

You modeled in Visual Composer in the same window. Google Maps will be in one IFrame.

You can see something like that:

[https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EmTech/IslandsWDA_GMaps|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EmTech/IslandsWDA_GMaps]

Regards

Marcos

Edited by: Marcos Brandao on Jul 7, 2009 10:29 AM