cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Project is Valuated.

1 have 2 WBS ...WBS1 & WBS2. Budget is allocated as 100 for WBS1 & 50 for WBS2. The mat is procured and at WBS1 for 50 and transfed to WBS2. But still I can raise the PO at WBS1 for 100 where as system should allow upto 50 only as there is availability control is at 100% with error message.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you transferred the material value not the budget value, so obviuosly it would allow for 100

iyou would done change budget thru cj34 thn it would restrict after 50

kind regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically when you procure the material for WBS1 your stock will valuated 50 Rs not your WBS1, but you see as so much budget is allocated for the material.

If you tranfer the material, stock will be moved from WBS1 to WBS2, so the invetory value will move along with the material to WBS2, hence again you are with budget 100 in WBS1 and WBS2 budget is allocated that material.

Ex: you buy a pen for Rs:100, one of your frd asked you can give that pen to me, he is also having budget for pen of Rs:100, i will pay you you can buy another one. So gave it to your frd by taking the money 100. so finally the theme, you are left out with Rs: 100 what you had earlier, but your frd has spend it., so your frd is left out with Pen no budget with him to purchase anymore, but you have.

Rgds

Sudhir reddy

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per standard system allow you to raise the PO for WBS 1 value of 100 because you have transfered the existing stock from WBS1 to WBS2. Now the actual cost was posted from WBS1 to WBS2 and there is no commitments and actual cost on WBS1.

System will not allow you to raise a PO for WBS2 because the alloted budget 50 was utilised.

Regards,

Nag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Since you are transferred the stock to WBS2, so the commitment in WBS1 is no more. That is the reason the system is allowing you to procure for 100 in WBS1. Check the WBS 2 it will allow you procure because it has commitment for 50.

Check and come back

Thanks

S.Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree that. But how we can have budget contol at WBS1 for 50 not at 100?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have already alloted budegt 100 for WBS 1, so that is the reason it is allowing. If you want 50 then transfer 50 to WBS2 using CJ34.

So that your WBS 1 will have budget of 50. In this case system willnot allow you to create commiement more then 50.

Thanks

S.Murali

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want restriction on availaable budget(WBS1 100) then in SPRO you have to manintain the Availabilty control usage as 10% 50% and 80% as required for the overall budget or annual budget.

SPROPSCOSTBUDGET DEFINE TOLERANCE LIMITS

Now system will check the usuage of budget for each and every WBSE in the project.

Regards,

Nag.