cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Link - Early archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We are currently doing early archiving with workflow for Incoming Invoices.

Using the "Store for Subsequent Entry Option"

1. Document is scanned

2. Using Transaction OAWD the scanned document is attached to a document type and workflow is triggered

3. Email received in Business workplace(SBWP)

4. When executed the FI transaction is created in dialog and the scanned document is assigned to the document created.

Everything works fine but...

1. How do I combine and automate the first 2 steps.

I would like the workflow to trigger automatically and send email,

when I scan the document and place it in a folder on the app server

2. I would like the email to go to an external email(outlook) instead of SAP office(SBWP)

Please let me know if option 1 is possible and how to approach the issue.

I am sure option 2 is possible, just dont know how to do it. Any input will help.

Thanks in advance for your help

Sam.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You would need a certified scan solution like IXOS, Kofax, etc to achieve one and two standard.

Alternatively you could write your own program to poll that directory every 5 or 10 minutes and upload the file, but this would be a custom enhancement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Offcourse, you have to follow Atholls sugession, this requires lot of Developemnt to achieve option 1.

first clarify which Scaner is currently using for scanning doc's. clarify SAP certification is availbale for tha hardware. if yes, then go for devalopent.

Benakaraja

??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur suggestion. I ended upo using the second option, wrote a program to pick up the scanned document and trigger the workflow.

Thank you.