cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stock check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is : project and WBS are created. No BOM is created, so no question of assigning BOM to activities.

In MD11, planned order is created and WBS is assigned to Planned order. this planned order is converted to production Order.same WBS flows to production order and here child parts are added in production order and saved and released.

Say , child part A required in Production order is 10EA. i have stock in unrestricted of 1 EA of child part and same WBS stock as 7 EA. I run MRP in MD02, after entering my finished product. I want system to check free stock and project stock and the generate a Purchase requiistion of rest quantity i.e. 10-1-7= 2 EA.

I have maintained strategy 10 in finished and child too.MRP type Pd, lot size EX

Is it possible??

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

not answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

I really do not think a development of that nature is feasible, or advisable. MRP is a core process and truly complex. Any tampering of that may be disastrous.

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI MURALEEDHARAN,

There is no functionality as such in SAP where you run MRP on Project/Sale order & system will check the free stock vice versa for on plant as well.

We are not making any changes to source code, we going to copy the transaction MD51 or MD03 and develop a new transaction.

We have developed the same for free stock pegging if you run MRP on project it also considers open PR's and PO's which will give the WBS element along with free stock pegging.

Rgds

Sudhir Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yasir,

MRP works like this:

If you attach the WBS to planned order and production order carried that assignment, till that it is fine.

Now Production has WBS assignment, if you run MRP for the material using MD02, the system will check the requirement of that material in the production order and as it carries WBS assignment, it will check WBS stock, netoff the requirements and generate the requirement, it will consider free stock at all.

1) If you run MRP at plant level with out any assignment it will pegg the free stock, it won't consider special stocks

2) if you run mrp on project/sales order, it will not pegg the free stock, it will check only specal stock either 'Q' or 'E'.

if you realy want to have the same you need to develop a transaction where system will pegg the free stock as well.

Rgds

Sudhir Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not possible as it is not logically tenable. You may have to reconsider your process mapping. Perhaps , change over to Project stock and use 'Grouping WBS' to axchieve the objective.

Regards

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The requirement is from the order and not from the WBS hence it will consider the plant stock. If the requirement is from WBS...SAP has given project specific MRP (MD61).

May be possible "IF" there is any user exit available, I tried to search but could not found. Follow the link below ..you can use the given program to find out user exit in MD02.

http://www.erpgenie.com/sap-technical/abap/finding-the-user-exits-of-a-sap-transaction-code-

Regards