cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GATP - Checking Multiple Storage Loations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a requirement to check for stock at multiple storage locations within a plant.

On order entry, they want to use our default Storage Location (SLOC001), which is the one we ship out of. If there is no stock available there, they want the system to look at the second Storage Location (SLOC002). However, they do not want the Storage Location to flip on the Sales Order from SLOC001 to SLOC002... they want the confirmation to look like it is against SLOC001. This way the Sales Order remains confirmed using the Dates from GATP. Then if the delivery is created and no stock is in SLOC001 but there is stock in SLOC002, we are going to block the delivery for a manual resolution to transfer the stock from SLOC002 to SLOC001.

Basically, they want SLOC001 to include SLOC002 stock.

A few caveats unique to the system:

1. SLOC001 contains the General Available Stock

SLOC002 contains Quality Inspection Stock

2. Stock Type Quality Inspection for General Availability cannot be used because we are also using SAP QM, but not with Material Movements. Basically, an interface with a 3rd party Warehouse Management System creates an Inspection Lot in SAP while another interface from the same system Goods Receipts product into SAP SLOC002 shortly after the Inspection Lot is created. We have looked at the other stock types within SLOC001, but they all seem to have ties into other areas (such as Batch Management).

Is it possible to accomplish this in GATP? Using Rules Based ATP, possibly?

Any help / suggestions / ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian

Did you find a possible solution to this.

We are also having a similar reqmt..hence checking with you..thanks for your help and response

Thanks

Elan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The responses helped, however it did not give the result we were looking for. We cannot expose ALL sub locations to GATP. We are now researching other alternatives.

Thanks for your help!

-brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Brian..

Oh..I thought you might have found some alternatiive soln.

We too facing a similar need but I don't have a easy solution..Hence I checked with you, where we need to check the ATP from 2 SLOCs but having only one in SO...Pls, let me know if you find any possible solutions to it.

Thanks

Elan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brian,

I haven't done much with sublocation ATP myself, (in APO a sublocation is the equivalent to an R/3 storage locn) but think standard GATP product check without any mod and without RBA would work.

When you set up your ATP Check controls, make sure you check the 'No sublocation check' indicator. This means that ATP just looks only at the location (In APO, a location is the equiv of an R/3 plant). System will confirm the sales order against available product contained in all storage locations.

Have you tried this?

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi! Brian,

in the Check control(ATP group & Business eventg check the entry no sub location check)

this will solve your issue, but now stock of all the sub locations will be exposed to GATP

Regards

Vaibhav Sareen