Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Business approach to integrate IBM websphere

vijay_kumar133
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Here i have a business requirement where i need to display Salary statement and CTC and lot many applications on a .net portal and IBM Web sphere parallel

To this requirement my approach was to use SOAP at sender and Server Proxy at receiver side that is SOAP to PROXY scenario.

Now my doubt is whether this approach is fulfills the requirement or any other best way we can accomplish this requirement.

And if this is fine.. Simultaneously what will be max SOAP requests an xi server handles. If the no of requests increases how can we handle the server performance.

Regards

Vijay

Edited by: vijay Kumar on Jul 1, 2009 8:48 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Here i have a business requirement where i need to display Salary statement and CTC and lot many applications on a .net portal and IBM Web sphere parallel

To this requirement my approach was to use SOAP at sender and Server Proxy at receiver side that is SOAP to PROXY scenario.

: SOAP>XI>RFC/Server PRoxy

Now my doubt is whether this approach is fulfills the requirement or any other best way we can accomplish this requirement.

: Approach is perfect . will need to use multimapping

And if this is fine.. Simultaneously what will be max SOAP requests an xi server handles. If the no of requests increases how can we handle the server performance.

: Depends upon the server sizing , and the parameters set !!

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

You didnot mention the source of the data. Assuming it is SAP then you can use idoc or rfc to get data into XI. Since you have .net and websphere, probably you may go with SOAP adapter and a do a multimapping so that both receives the data parallely. You should not have any problem with performance point of view also.

Regards,

---Satish

vijay_kumar133
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Source of the data is SAP and the data need to be displayed in .net and IBM Websphere .....

And this data is fetched from sap on soap request from the .net application and displayed on the portal.

Now while integrating with IBM websphere is it necessary to use JMs adapter or we can use soap adapter at sender side.

This is like sender soap syncrons to sysnc proxy interface.

Regards

Vijay

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
And this data is fetched from sap on soap request from the .net application and displayed on the portal.

You can use SOAP <---> Proxy/RFC

Source of the data is SAP and the data need to be displayed in .net and IBM Websphere

Does that mean .net is an initiator of the request and will also receive the response alongwith IBM (have two end systems)?.......you can use the JMS receiver adapter to send data to IBM......you need to include both the receiver systems in the receiver determination....and then create the corresponding ID objects...

Regards,

Abhishek.

vijay_kumar133
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi abhishek,

Yup you are correct .net is an initiator..

here are two interfaces one for .net and other for ibmwebsphere.

As the request may initiate either on .net or on ibm websphere. this are two different thing but the data i need fetch from sap is same. This two initiators never be at same time..

Now my concern is how can we check how many parallel users can use this interaction at a time..That could effect the server performance..

I need some guide lines to use JMS adapter. Is this more advantage than soap for IBM ..

One more important thing is we should not store data at ibm or .net we need to just display when they initiate the request.As this is HR sensitive data... and can we do any AD authentication at xi server for every request.

Regards

Vijay

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
As the request may initiate either on .net or on ibm websphere. this are two different thing but the data i need fetch from 
sap is same. This two initiators never be at same time..

It is as good as you are creating two different interfaces one from .net <-> XI <-> SAP and the other IBM <-> XI <-> SAP (if you opt for SOAP and JMS respectively...if using SOAP and reusing the objects then its one scenario)

I need some guide lines to use JMS adapter. Is this more advantage than soap for IBM .. 

The biggest drawback for JMS is that it cannot be used for Sync communication (only EO and EOIO supported)....so you may need to implement the approach similar to FIle --> RFC ---> File Sync (if JMS supports the corresponding Beans)......Or you need to opt for a BPM to get the req and send the resp to IBM....

One more important thing is we should not store data at ibm or .net we need to just display when they initiate the request.

When you make a Sync SOAP call from some tool (say SAP SOAP Client)...what do you experience?.....you just get to view the data.....so in a SOAP call you just get the data...storing or rejecting is handled at the end system...correct me if wrong.....no idea of how it will go in a JMS case...

Regards,

Abhishek.