cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function Active but (BFS 'DIMP) not allowed - Billing Request Editor Web UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on setting up the Billing Request Editor. When I completed the configuration in the ECC 6.0 system and access the Web UI and enter my debit memo request (DMR) that came through my RRB (DIP) process, I get the following error:

Requested function is active (BF 'SD_01') but not allowed (BFS 'DIMP')

Has anyone received this error? How can this be fixed?

Appreciate any response regardless of how technical.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

reedtzj
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Norman

We are facing exactly the same error message.

Did you find any solution that you can share with the rest of us?

Regards, Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

We did the upgrade as required by SAP to the levels SAPKH60402/03 and this removed the error. I would suggest contacting your BASIS guys and alert them that this is required.

reedtzj
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Norman,

Thanks for answering first of all.

Customer is currently on level SAPKH60302 for software component SAP_APPL (Logistics and Accounting). I assume you are referring to this software component?

Hm, so this means that customer needs to implement EhP4 as well. Oh dear! Just upgraded to EhP3... Will take some time to installing EhP4 I guess (big company -> reluctant to frequent upgrading... - I think you get the picture...).

"We did the upgrade as required by SAP to the levels SAPKH60402/03 and this removed the error." ->

Questions:

- Did SAP recommend this as a definitive prerequisite via an OSS message or not?

- Is it impossible to get this to work on customer level SAPKH60302 at all? Any idea like installing an SAP Note or some other knowledge that you can share with me and the rest of the community?

Best regards, Johan

reedtzj
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

For the general knowledge: This is solved via SAP Note:

1248916 - Activating BF SD_01: No warning LO API vs. active BFS

BR, Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norman,

I dont know the answer to your question though we are trying to setup the Billing Request Editor for a customer as well but I cannot find any guide to what values should be in the config of ECC.

In the menu:

Settings for Processor of Billing Request

Define Categories

Define Process Control

Set-up Metrics

Select Characteristics from Dynamic Item Processing

Do you have any good info or guide?

Best regards

Sara Andersson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara, I have the SAP documentation that describes the configuration and setup of the Billing Request Editor. It however is a bit cryptic, but does give a general guide with screen shots on the type of configuration required.

I have gone through the steps and though I am able to get the editor's UI up and running, I have a few errors to work through. I originally had an error stating that the "Customizing for Characteristics was not complete" but solved this error by ensuring that all Characteristics that were setup as "character relevant" for the specific DIP profile were entered in the IMG activity "Select Characteristics from Dynamic Item Processing". I found that it this error was resolved when the characteristics were entered in the exact sequence as they appear in the DIP profile (ODP1).

Since then I have come upon two other errors that I am now working through:

1. "Form of Address Key not defined" - even though I have updated the form of address keys and config with generic values

2. "H is not a unit without dimension" - I assume this relates to the setup of the unit of measure and therefore requires me to use HR instead of H for hours.

Has anyone encountered and solved these two items?

Sara, I hope the first part helps. If you can't find the SAP documentation I would suggest looking up OSS note 1223103 and also check related notes. The documentation should be attached. I can't recall the number offhand where the documentation is found.

Otherwise I can try to get it to you via other means.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you try to activate DIMP from 000 client .

you will have to check SM21/ST22 entries related to DIMP

this note might help you

Note 956192 - Changes to Dictionary structures for ECC-DIMP in ERP2005

Note 1329273 - <Business Function Set DIMP> follow-up for Note 907345

regards

nag