cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple alerts for the same Message ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have configured outbound ftp adapter. I have configured alerts inorder to capture any error in the adapter engine.

Now,alert is triggered showing an error in the ftp adapter ( say incorrect ftp details). But i get multiple alerts for the same message ID several times. I have also set the parameter Max No od Delvs to 1 in the ALRTCATDEF transaction.

I keep getting the same alert number of times a day. How can i restrict the number of alerts to 1 for 1 message ID.

Regards,

Vani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andreas_stolz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vani,

you can select the checkbox "supress multiple alerts of this rule". That means that only one alert of this rule is delivered until this alert is confirmed in the alert inbox. In this case you will get one alert per rule, but not per message.

I think, one alert per message in your case, erroneous ftp adapter configuration, is not possible, because with every retry sending the message a new alert is generated.

Regards,

Andreas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

Thanks for your reply.

In my scenario i would need an alert per Message. That is the reason why I have not checked the option "Supress Multiple Alerts" since it would allow only alert per rule.

Is there is any way we can get one alert per message.

Also, after correcting the eror in the file adapter will the file which was not placed due to error in the adapter be placed automatically. I wanted to know what would happen to the lost file or unprocessed file since it dint reach the destination due to error.

Regards,

Vani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your polling interval as with every polling it will generate the alert and will send it to your mailbox. Also there is checkbox to supress the multiple alerts.

Thanks,

Prateek