cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Kernel Version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed Solman 4.0 in a cluster environment. I have done kernel ugrade and Abap Patching also. when i try to run Java Patching the system doesnt recognize SCA files versions. Kernel versions are 146 in solman when i checked OS level. But JSPM it shows 111 which is strange i am getting here. JSPM Versions also not showing properly though i coped all 14.0 versions to my EPS/in directory.....

Can some one please help me to resolve this issue...

Regards,

Sankar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Diggeshhjoshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

As per Rishi's note, please use SDM to apply JSPM patch. Also go through documentation about applying java patches.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/DE/25/c45b4211aac353e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

You will need spstab.xml file that you could get it when the options comes to download patches through solution manager. Then JSPM recognize all java related patches.

Thanks,

Digesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I dont have spstack.xml file since i dont have that file in my other solman server. But I deployed JSPM through SDM. After JSPM deployment I am not able to open JSPM itself now. And one more thing is my MMC shows dispwork is in yellow. R3 is up and running and SM50 shows all the process. I am using solman 7.0 here. Can you some one help me to resolve the Java patch issue and Dispwork issue?

I am waiting for your reply..

JSPM Error :

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Jspm (Unsuppo

rted major.minor version 49.0)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:539)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:12

3)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:194)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:289)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:274)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)

ERROR: could not update JSPM

Press any key to continue . . .

Regards,

Sankar

Basis Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos
ERROR: could not update JSPM

Did you manage to deploy JSPM update successfully via SDM? Check dev_disp for further troubleshooting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check your JAVA_HOME this should be set to where the java software is installed.

Marttin

Edited by: Martin Vamplew on Sep 29, 2011 10:54 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check that you hve downloaded the file of correct version.

If the file are of correct version .then upgrade JSPM with SDM and then run JSPM .

Please check the Note metioned below

Note 910073 - System info shows wrong versions or new version is missing

Note 936916 - JSPM: Cannot detect system kernel

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Diggeshhjoshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sankar,

Are you able to upgrade JSPM from JSPM? Do you have SPSTAB.XML file in EPS/in direcotry?

Thanks,

Digesh Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply. I am not able to load JSPM also. I am trying with single support packs (advanced use) option.

Regards,

Sankar.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already one solman server here. What ever i applied that server patch level I want to apply this system also. There is no spstab.xml file and I did not download now from market place. Since all the files are available in other solman server here.

Old kernel level 111- Upgrade kernel level 146

It is not showing the kernel level also. I have verified with R3 system as well OS level also it shows 146.. A strange problem. I have installed solman in a cluster environment..

Regards,

Sankar.G