SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iTime Clock - Workforce Management (WFM)

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are using WFM and iTime Clock. We have the ITC interface for punching but would also like to provide the same functionality (to clock in / out) through a POS system.

Does anyone have any options on how this could be done in WFM 3.0?

I note that there are web services in WFM 3.1.

Any other options?

Any options for entering to iTime from SAP ERP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

i800294
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

iTime Clock Server is a component of SAP Workforce Management (WFM) 3.0 which allows for recording employee time events (punches) from any PC or POS through a URL that supports a web browser. If the customer's POS system supports an Internet Explorer web browser (IE 6.0 or 7.0), iTC can be launched from a POS system through a URL as it can be from a PC.

The employee punches can be sent from WFM to SAP Time Management or another time management system for evaluation of the recorded punches. Refer to BPX for WFM Help Portal Documentation which can be found at [http://help.sap.com|http://help.sap.com] > SAP for Industries > SAP for Retail > SAP Workforce Management > SAP Workforce Management 3.0 SP03 FP02 > Entering and Reviewing Employee Time Data > iTime Clock Technical Functions > Defining Export Punch Data Processing.

Best Regards,

Karen

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

i800294
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

iTime Clock Server is a component of SAP Workforce Management (WFM) 3.0 which allows for recording employee time events (punches) from any PC or POS through a URL that supports a web browser. If the customer's POS system supports an Internet Explorer web browser (IE 6.0 or 7.0), iTC can be launched from a POS system through a URL as it can be from a PC.

The employee punches can be sent from WFM to SAP Time Management or another time management system for evaluation of the recorded punches. Refer to BPX for WFM Help Portal Documentation which can be found at [http://help.sap.com|http://help.sap.com] > SAP for Industries > SAP for Retail > SAP Workforce Management > SAP Workforce Management 3.0 SP03 FP02 > Entering and Reviewing Employee Time Data > iTime Clock Technical Functions > Defining Export Punch Data Processing.

Best Regards,

Karen

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Karen.

Is there any way to process a clock in / out punch from SAP ERP? I'm pretty sure there isn't!

Thanks for info on punch exporting ... we've got that side processing just fine using the BADI to pass to our Time & Eval system.

Stephen

i800294
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I am fairly certain there is no way to clock in/out from ERP except by using a physical timeclock. SAP POS has clock in/out functionality by either running iTime Clock through the POS or using the clock in/out capability that is delivered as part of SAP POS.

Best Regards,

Karen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karen,

I just stumbled across this thread and was wondering if you might be able to let me know if it's possible to interface a hardware-based clock-in/out system with the iTime interface instead of using a soft-clock client?

I am doing research on potentially using Workforce Management 3.x as a solution for a railroad company scenario. Recent legislation has mandated that employees, e.g., conductors, be prevented from clocking in if they have worked x hours already, etc... The railroad industry also has scheduling requirement that cannot be met flexibly in the SAP HCM system (i.e., work schedule rules in ECC are considered configuration items vs. master data). The Workforce Management Solution looks like it meets most if not all of these types of requirements, however, the request from management is to use hardware-based clock-in/out setups at certain locations.

Would you happen to have any information or insight into this type of integration?

Thanks much,

Graham Wong

0 Kudos

SAP WFM 3.1 has web services

1. EmployeeTimeEventWFMCreateCheckQueryResponse_In

2. EmployeeTimeEventWFMCreateRequestConfirmation_In

3. EmployeeTimeEventWFMByEmployeeIDandDatePeriodQueryResponse_In

4. EmployeeTimeCalendarWFMByEmployeeIDQueryResponse_In

5. EmployeeWFMBasicDataByElementsQueryResponse_In

Webservices Integration is necessary in order for the Third Party to consume the services.

Regards,

Krishna

i800294
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen,

We have several customers who run iTime Clock from their POS. The POS needs to have internet browser capability in order to lunch the url from the POS.

With WFM we offer iTime Clock (web-based time clock) for capturing clock in's and out's. iTime Clock is not available within ERP. The punches are captured with iTime Clock and then can be passed to SAP ERP for time evaluation.

Regards,

Karen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a related question concerning iTimeclock integration with Ruby/Sapphire POS from Verifone. We are wanting to continue to use the POS system time entry during shift change... as one person logs off the register and another person logs in. We want the POS time entry data to be passed to iTimeclock. so the POS would feed iTimeClock with the employeeu2019s start and end timeu2019s, a feature that is presently not supported by iTimeClock. Any ideas?