Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available ciphers....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I posted this question in the Process Integration but I think it should be posted here.

I'm implementing a connection with a supplier using FTPs. They need to know what ciphers PI supports. According to SAP 'The application of FTPS follows specification RFC 4217'. That specification doesn't describe the cipher-suites that can be used. I've searched sap notes and can't find anything that describes the ciphers used.

I'm assuming that the sap cryptographic library is used for this type of connection. I've searched for relevant information on this and can find plenty of installation guides but no information on the ciphers supported.

Does anyone know what ciphers are available, I'm on PI 7.0(2004s) SP13.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Frank_Buchholz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

the search help SSFH_SSFENCRALG, which is used to select an encryption method, shows following entries in 7.00:

AES128-CBC

AES192-CBC

AES256-CBC

DES-CBC

DES-EDE3-CBC

TRIPLE-DES

Kind regards

Frank

4 REPLIES 4

Frank_Buchholz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

the search help SSFH_SSFENCRALG, which is used to select an encryption method, shows following entries in 7.00:

AES128-CBC

AES192-CBC

AES256-CBC

DES-CBC

DES-EDE3-CBC

TRIPLE-DES

Kind regards

Frank

0 Kudos

Frank,

Perfect, thanks for the information.

One question, I've searched everywhere for SSFH_SSFENCRALG but don't get any hits. Do you have a link to this information?

Regards

Rob

0 Kudos

Try transaction SE11 choose search help SSFH_SSFENCRALG and test it.

Or use transaction SE16 for table SSFARGS and use the value help for the field ENCRALG.

0 Kudos

Many thanks for your help