cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCE Version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I try to install the CE version, the install asks me to go to the Java/Sun site and download the Java Cryptography Extensions (JCE) file.

Unfortunately the Sun site has version 1.6.0_00 of the JCE (jce_policy_6.zip). While the CE install features 1.5.0_99 of the JDK. The install thinks they are incompatible and refuses to proceed.

What to do?

Marv

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doesn't seem possible to install as is...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is unfortunate, since the new version seems readily available, but SAP requires an older version that is not

I understand that even though we have latest versions available some time SAP does recommand to go with that even the same case with JDK version 1.5

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday --

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I can't get the JCE from there due to some "export restrictions".

Here is part of the text:

The software products offered here for downloading are subject to export control regulation in Germany as the country of origin and import regulation of your own country. SAP may not yet have a corresponding export license for your user / company. Please contact the contract department of your local SAP company. Please note that to download the SAP Cryptographic Software from the SAP Service Marketplace, you need a customer user-id.

It is unfortunate, since the new version seems readily available, but SAP requires an older version that is not...

Marv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Give a try checking here [JCE|https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000000917&_EVENT=DISPLAY]

Regards

Uday