cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel 2007 file *.xlsx

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use Crystal XI, what I do to conect to my database is just click on "creat a new conection" and click on "access/excel (DAO)" then browse to pick my file, It has been working with no problems but I just changed my excel version from 2003 to 2007, and It is giving me the following error

LOGON FAILED.

DETAILS : DAO ERROR CODE 0xcca.

SOURCE :DAO Workspace.

DESCRIPTION : EXTERNAL TABLE IS NOT IN THE EXPECTED FORMAT"

This is happenning when I try to create a new report.

I have also tried with "ODBC(RDO)" I select the data as "Excel files" click on finish, select the file, click "OK", but it shows in the tree below "ODBC(RDO)" an "Excel Files" directory and "Add command" ..... I can't connect to my data table

Can anyone please help me??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A CSV isn't the same as Excel format, it should error. You can import the file

into Excel first and then use it, or you can set an ODBC connection to the CSV file

Thanks,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not using any CSV file, I am using Excel 2007 *.xlsx files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you use only .XLS format and check?

Also please check the following notes

1254178 Enhanced Excel 2007 (.xlsx) file formats do not work as expected

1295633 Exporting the Crystal Reports to Excel 2007.

Thanks,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't use xls files since my files have about 80 thounsand lines, as you know Excel 2003 allows 65 thounsand only

Thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check Note 1010935 - Can you increase the number of rows for an export file?

Symptom

Is it possible to increase the maximum number of rows used in an export?

Solution

Yes, it is possible to increase the maximum row limit used in an export.

For hosted customers, please contact Support who will be able to change this on your behalf.

For On Premise customers, you need to log into the application using the "system" login. The property can be found by going to the following:

Setup / System Setup / Configuration / select System Properties from the drop down list and find the property system.ResultSet.maxNumberRowsExported

The description on this property is as follows:

Maximum number of rows in a query result set which may be exported to PDF, Excel, or CSV before the operation is prohibited. This is also used to limit the size of a result set being produced by a scheduled report task.

Please note that Excel also has some limitations on the maximum number of rows, therefore you may still experience a limit to 65K (which was the Excel Limit in Excel97 - Excel 2003). Therefore if you export to excel and your limit is higher than 65K, you will still only see 65K of records. The reason for this is that the open source Apache POI that is used to do the export has not been updated to support Excel 2007 which has a higher limit

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check Note 1010935 - Can you increase the number of rows for an export file?

Symptom

Is it possible to increase the maximum number of rows used in an export?

Solution

Yes, it is possible to increase the maximum row limit used in an export.

For hosted customers, please contact Support who will be able to change this on your behalf.

For On Premise customers, you need to log into the application using the "system" login. The property can be found by going to the following:

Setup / System Setup / Configuration / select System Properties from the drop down list and find the property system.ResultSet.maxNumberRowsExported

The description on this property is as follows:

Maximum number of rows in a query result set which may be exported to PDF, Excel, or CSV before the operation is prohibited. This is also used to limit the size of a result set being produced by a scheduled report task.

Please note that Excel also has some limitations on the maximum number of rows, therefore you may still experience a limit to 65K (which was the Excel Limit in Excel97 - Excel 2003). Therefore if you export to excel and your limit is higher than 65K, you will still only see 65K of records. The reason for this is that the open source Apache POI that is used to do the export has not been updated to support Excel 2007 which has a higher limit

Thanks

Sridhar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

No option, this version of CR has the 65 K limit as well as all current versions. Possibly in the next version CR will support xlsx file formats.

Thank you

Don