Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@prompt Function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i am getting error in below @prompt Function please some one help me solve this

HR.EMPLOYEES.EMPLOYEE_ID=@Prompt('Choose a Employee ID','N','Hr Employees\Employee Id','Mono',,,)

Error: parse Failed: Invalid definition (UNV0023). Error parsing mono/multi parameter (4th Parameter).

Thanks,

GAL

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

HR.EMPLOYEES.EMPLOYEE_ID=@Prompt('Choose a Employee ID','N','Hr Employees\Employee Id',Mono,,,)

Can you please try the above and parse it and see.

Thanks,

SK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your Reply, But already i have tried that , but i am getting the below error

parse Failed: Invalid definition(UNV0023). error parsing default values parameter ( 7th Parameter)

Thanks,

GAL

Former Member
0 Kudos

GAL,

You are missing an additional option -- "FREE" or "CONSTRAINED"; perhaps try this:

HR.EMPLOYEES.EMPLOYEE_ID=@Prompt('Choose a Employee ID','N','Hr Employees\Employee Id',Mono,Constrained,,)

The last two options:

Not-Persistent (the default is "persistent" which means the prompts will be pre-populated with the previous user's responses)

User:0 (or user:1, user:2, etc) to set prompts to occur in a certain order.

Notwithstanding, your original construct was technically correct when compared to the "book" requirement, however, the parse failed error ( UNV0023) is unnerving.

Best of luck. Thanks,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all the reply's i solved my self

HR.EMPLOYEES.EMPLOYEE_ID=@Prompt('Choose a Employee ID','N','Hr Employees\Employee Id',Mono,,)

Thanks,

GAL

Answers (0)