cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPinst hangs during 'Create Database'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am installing an ERP 6.0 on Oracle and Linux and have a problem during the installation.

SAPinst hangs in Phase 12 of 28 'Create Database' (in statusbar is displayed 'Resetting database ... ').

What did I do?

#1. I have started SAPinst without problems.

#2. Then I installed the Oracle RDBMS with the OUI.

#3. Continue with SAPinst referring to the Guide.

--> After this it hangs in step "Create database" since hours...

Note: Between #2 and #3 there were a time of 5 days between.

After a while I stopped SAPinst and installed the 10.2.0.4 Patchset successfully and started SAPInst again. Contiued with old option. Then the Phase List runs until this Phase 12 again and hangs.

Does anyone know this phenomenon??!

please help!

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Geraldine

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I tried different ways and at the end I have given up.

I uninstalled the SAP and also the Oracle Software. Cleaned the system and want to make a new installation.

I checked everything bevore, updated sapinit and SAPinst executable. I hope this time it will work.

Thank you very much for your help.

@Mods

If you want, you can close this thread.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the latest logs in your installation directory (ora_sql_result.log).

Do you see an active oracle process?

Any information in alert.log?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

@uday

I installed it with the OUI.

@Markus

Yes I did (as described in the installation guide).

I installed Patchset 10.2.0.4 as I said before.

And no I didn´t install the interim patches yet.

We installed a few ERP Systems before in this order: SAPinst, OUI for RDBMS and then Patchset 10.2.0.4, rest of SAPinst. There we never had problems of this kind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear Geraldine P. , i will se same situation one time on one of project where system admin trying to install it as you post You are correct your problem is not supported 10.2.0.1 and -->

I stopped SAPinst and installed the 10.2.0.4 Patchset successfully and started SAPInst again. Contiued with *old option* .

This your second error, i see same situation if continue the old installation, you need use "RUN NEW".

Regards.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> #1. I have started SAPinst without problems.

> #2. Then I installed the Oracle RDBMS with the OUI.

- Did you execute the RUNINSTALLER script (in CAPITALS) in the SAP subdirectory of the DVD?

- Did ypu apply the latest patchlevel for the database (the delivered version is 10.2.0.1 which is not supported)

- Did you apply all the interim patches for the patched version?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How did you installed your database by running server.cmd ? or setup ?

After a while I stopped SAPinst and installed the 10.2.0.4 Patchset successfully and started SAPInst again. Contiued with old option

Try to run the new installation again

Regards

Uday