cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit memo and mandatory fields in Sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have 2 problems, hoping these are not too basic questions I'm asking here.

1). I have created a sales order for credit memo's and I'm using the standard billing type G2.

The amounts are negative in the order & in the billing document, however, when transferring to FI, it is posted as a normal invoice (Debit customer) instead of credit memo.

Where are the posting keys defined or where do you determine which kind of posting will happen in FI based on the billing document?

2). When creation a sales order (VA01), the sales office and sales group should be mandatory fields. What is the best way to do this? Or is the only option to go via the document completeness check?

Many thanks!

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

> 1). I have created a sales order for credit memo's and I'm using the standard billing type G2.

> The amounts are negative in the order & in the billing document, however, when transferring to FI, it is posted as a normal invoice (Debit customer) instead of credit memo.

>

> Where are the posting keys defined or where do you determine which kind of posting will happen in FI based on the billing document?

This is the standard SAP behavior. Simple thing, All the values are negative so when it will post to FI

It will be like

Dr Customer Invoice amount ( which is negative ) so end result is +ve. ( as Debit is -)

I hope its understandable.

For example:

While creation of simple invoice say of 1000 $

Entries were Dr Customer 1000 $

Cr Revenue 1000$

Now After Credit memo

Dr Customer -1000 $

Cr Revenue -1000 $

Which will nullify each other.

> 2). When creation a sales order (VA01), the sales office and sales group should be mandatory fields. What is the best way to do this? Or is the only option to go via the document completeness check?

The best way is to include these two fields in the Sales order incomplete procedure in OVA2. Put Error/warning as required by you.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply!

1). In fact, the posted FI document is a normal invoice:

D Customer 100

C Revenue -100

So taking a look at the invoice + credit memo results into 200 instead of 0 balance.

I was only mentioning the Sales order & billing document items where the amount was negative, once transferred to FI, it's positive again on the customer (and debited).

Somewhere in the settings we must be able to tell the system how to output the document to FI, which postings to make based on certain criteria, not?

2). Incompletion procedure, ok, thansk, I'll give it a try!

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Goto the menu path

SPRO>Sales&Distribution>Basic Functions>Pricing> Pricing Control> Define and Assign Pricing procedures> Assign Document Pricing procedures to billing types

In this Check whether you have any entries against the billing type G2.................. If yes remove that. It will solve your problem.

Reg

Kathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kathish,

Thanks for your reply.

The is no document procedure to determine the pricing procedure linked to the G2 billing type.

If I'm not mistaken, this would merely link the pricing procedure, which determines the conditions to appear on my billing doc & their behaviour on the billing document, right?

Don't want to be a pain in the ass, but can somebody point me in the direction where to say to SAP the way to post to FI? Or is this not possible?

Many thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the posting key is used to post the document to FI. You can define Posting key in OB40 and OBYC

http://www.sapscene.com/sapscene/accassg.html

Thanks,

Raja