cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production order Reservations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created production order(Status: CRTD). System is automatically creating reservation number for the order.

Is there any way to cancell this reservation against production order without deleting / releasing & performing TECO against the production order.

I tried MB22, but system gives an error message that reservation created automatically. No manual changes allowed.

Looking forward to valuable inputs.

Regards,

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pankaj,

If you dont want to set TECO or DLFL status and still you want to delete the reservation, then it is possible only by deleting those components in change mode of the Order(CO02) in components overview.

I dont logically understand why such a requirement should arise. Can you please explain?

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasobh,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

The requirement is as under:-

Say we have a common component being used in two production order whose Unrestricted stock is 110 units.

On time axis we have Production order 01 & Production order 02 in CRTD stage. Both are making use of the same component under respective B.O.M. with 100 units & availability chk happens during creation & release stage independently.

If I want to release Prod Order 01 it will give msg: All components available but will throw warning msg of missing parts if i try to release Prod order 02.

In case due to some priority (say customer preference), I want to hold Prod order 01 & is in need of Prod Order 02 then as rightly said by you either I should make component qty = 0 in Prod order 01 & then try to release Prod order02. Or

I should nullify reservations against Prod order 01.

Another method I tried, but failed to met my expectations is doing CO11N with final confirmation & Clear open reservations enabled . It is done after releasing the prod. order & with zero yield, zero activities & zero comp. qty's.

What exactly I am looking for:

Is there a t.code with which I can either cancell, jumble or give priority to the reservations.

Moreover, does the system automatically blocks the quantity for the production order on first come & first out basis.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Pankaj

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pankaj,

If in your case for customer requirement if you want to Issue components and process againsts Production order 02, then you need to release only this order and you can process. Let the order 01 be in created status itself so that goods Issue cannot be performed. This is basically a business control which should be performed by the production schedular.

To your question of Issue of Goods based on Reservation creation dates...to my knowledge there is no standard functionality available.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasobh / Mangalraj,

I agree that once we release the production order we will be in a position to get the components issued against that production order, but as production order 02 is showing missing parts for that order and I release that despite warning. What I will get is the print out with which shop-floor people will walk to store to get the components issued.

And for that component missing part msg is there so even on shop-floor doc / print out the quantity will be less or zero against the requirement. This will inhibit the store personnel to release that component in full even if production order is released, as it still holds reservations for Prod order 01.

Please correct me from wrong if I am.

Regards,

Pankaj

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

madhurnigam30
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

U r right, the missing part list for order 02 wont allow store personnel to issue the goods though order 02 is released,as reservation has already been made for the component for order 01.

Up to my knowledge there is no functionality to delete the reservation.

In header (control tab) of order u can ck RES./PREQ. there r options available . Same options r available in opreation overview.

ck if changes can be made there, If possible then this will solve ur prob.

In OPL8 (Order type dependant parameters) under PURCHSE REQUISITION u can change option for reservation/preq. (1) of the order type u have used for the order01 & then save the changes. I hope it will work.

Otherwise go for TECO for order 01 then revoke TECO.

Regards

Madhur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No need to delete reservation or change configuration settings. If I understand you correctly, you would like to deallocate components from one order and allocate them to another order... correct?

In order change, goto order 1 and follow menu path Functions->Availability Check -> Reset Material - Save

Now goto order 2 and rerun atp check, your MSPT status will go away and your components are now issued to order 2.

Be aware that by reseting material availibility, you will loose all components issued to all the materials on the bom, it would be wise to re run atp on order 1 after you finish the process outlined above

~S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Futsol,

This seems to be a good answer. Thanks for the input.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Im glad the solution is useful. Thanks for letting me know!

~S

madhurnigam30
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

U r right, the missing part list for order 02 wont allow store personnel to issue the goods though order 02 is released,as reservation has already been made for the component for order 01.

Up to my knowledge there is no functionality to delete the reservation.

In header (control tab) of order u can ck RES./PREQ. there r options available . Same options r available in opreation overview.

ck if changes can be made there, If possible then this will solve ur prob.

Otherwise go for TECO for order 01 then revoke TECO.

Regards

Madhur

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pankaj,

1.Once when the production order is in created status,the reservation gets created and saved.

2.Only when the production order is released,good's movement's can be performed against this reservation and the good's

movement indicator will be set for the reservation.

3.Issuing of component's can be controlled by the stores person who issues the material,based on the reservation numbers.

Come back with your further queries.

Regards

Mangalraj.S