cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI to R3 idoc issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

We are sending idocs to XI which then converts it to XML and sends it to third party. This happens fine.

When an idoc is successfuly converted to xml and sent across we would like to receive some message back in R3 ,to confirm that the idoc has been successfully sent.

To do this we have created an acknowledgement under communication channel and mapped it to the message type(M1) of idocs.

Now an ALEAUD is sent back to R3 , each time an idoc(type M1) is sent from R3.The problem is this ALEAUD does now have the idoc number for which its acknowledging.

If i send 5 idocs from R3. I will get back 5 ALEAUD(if process had no errors). How do I identify which ALEAUD corresponds to which idoc.

I thought this was standard SAP setting that an ALEAUD will always have the refering idoc number.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to create a Business Process where you map EDI_DC40 / DOCNUM of original IDoc to E1STATE / DOCNUM of ALEAUD:

Receive Step: R/3 -> BP (M1)

Send step: BP -> Receiver Channel requesting a transport acknowledgment

Transformation M1->ALEAUD

Send step: BP -> R/3 (success ALEAUD)

Exception branch with Transformation M1->ALEAUD and send step: BP -> R/3

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

Thanks for your email. I'm new to BPM though i know how it works conceptually. Could you elaborate your steps mentioned in your previous post please?

Did you mean that i need to have a transformation right after receive step and in transformation step, should i store the original DOCNUM which can be later assigned to ALEAUD? As this acknowledgement is automatically created by the system, do we get to manipulate that automatic generated ack message type?

Please explain steps in detail.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neelima,

Check this blog from udo for some help:

/people/udo.martens/blog/2005/09/30/one-logical-system-name-for-serveral-bpm-acknowledgements

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying . I have this document ,and according to this document the reference to original idoc should be sent back.

Former Member
0 Kudos