cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I believe this is probably simple but I need to know how I can send emails from a web dynpro application.

Can anyone supply me with code or a tutorial or anything else that shows how this can be accomplished?

Thank You,

Motaz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have found a tutorial that provides the coding at

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0bf26e2-9bb3-2910-ea87-ee67a8ad...

However, some classes are missing and I can't import them. Where can I get them?

Regards,

Motaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is what you need to do.

Here you can see another example.

[|]

When you create a web dynpro DC, it should be have all the classes of java mail. But if is being a problem, try this:

[/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/09/14/a-bit-of-impractical-scripting-for-web-dynpro|/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/09/14/a-bit-of-impractical-scripting-for-web-dynpro]

[/people/bala.krishnan2/blog/2006/09/25/bid-adieu-to-bots--using-captchas|/people/bala.krishnan2/blog/2006/09/25/bid-adieu-to-bots--using-captchas]

[/people/bertram.ganz/blog/2008/11/24/how-to-use-external-jar-files-in-web-dynpro-development-components|/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/09/14/a-bit-of-impractical-scripting-for-web-dynpro /people/bala.krishnan2/blog/2006/09/25/bid-adieu-to-bots--using-captchas /people/bertram.ganz/blog/2008/11/24/how-to-use-external-jar-files-in-web-dynpro-development-components]

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marcos,

I have successfully completed the application.

I used

message.addRecipient(RecipientType.TO,new InternetAddress(to));

Thank You for all your help.

Regards,

Motaz

Edited by: Motaz Abu Karat on Jul 1, 2009 9:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok

Great for you!!!

All the best!!!

Marcos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

I have checked and yes they are all javax.mail.

Regards,

Motaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am almost done with the application. However, the addrecipient(RecipientType Type,Internet Address) method is not working for Message.RecipientType.TO argument, whereas in all code I have seen this is what is used!

Can anyone explain this or provide a solution?

Thank You,

Motaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Motaz

Are you sure that the classes who you have imported is from javax.mail?

Maybe your class Message or Address was imported from other package.

Verify this.

Regards

Marcos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

I have found the classes. I will use the links you gave me and try to make it work and inform you when I do.

Thank You for your efforts.

Regards,

Motaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marcos,

Thank You for helping so much.

One more thing. Do you know where I can get the java classes for sending emails?

Thank You,

Motaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

I apologize but I am new to web dynpro and I would appreciate an example of any of the methods you mentioned if possible.

Regards,

Motaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

I kwon 2 way to send email via web dynpro application.

1 - create a external library DC, put in it the jar archive of java mail, make a depence of this DC in your WD project

2 - Call the mail api from JNDI.

Both you use mail api of java.

Regards

Marcos